Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys thought it about time I put some pics up of my little cherry red 1.2 16v Clio . the photos I have attached aren't the most recent so I will take a few more been a few things added since these were taken. Here's a list of a few things that I have done since getting the car.

Coilover suspension (60mm drop)
New wheels. (Took me ages to get the right ones)
Team heko wind deflectors.
New speakers and head unit.
Changed the dash to illuminate red instead of orange.
Omp racing steering wheel.
Sportex cat-back exhaust (3" pipe)
Kyb front suspension mounts & powerflex rear mounts.
Changed all of the bulbs inside and out.
Lower wishbone etc replaced.
K&N panel filter.
Major service Inc timing belt and water pump.
Break disks and pads replaced callipers and rear drums reconditioned and painted gloss black.
Powerflex exhaust mount.
Lots of little things been fixed or replaced.

Good little car still average between 45-50mpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure you're getting 45-50mpg?! I got little over 30mpg with my 1.2 Clio :(
Yup sits on average at 45mpg but I have had it as high as 55 before. Cearful driving (about the only thing you can do in a 1.2) and well looked after engine and gearbox do also help.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
That looks really nice, subtle and not over the top

You've obviously spent a lot of time (and money) on maintenance, so now is time to enjoy!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks really nice, subtle and not over the top

You've obviously spent a lot of time (and money) on maintenance, so now is time to enjoy!
Thanks there has been a lot of time went into in indeed all of the work has been done by myself so avoided a lot of labour costs. Still rather a lot of money on parts but I think its been worth it. I will keep it till something catastrophic happens get my moneys worth :D

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Sure you're getting 45-50mpg?! I got little over 30mpg with my 1.2 Clio :(
Yup sits on average at 45mpg but I have had it as high as 55 before. Cearful driving (about the only thing you can do in a 1.2) and well looked after engine and gearbox do also help.
Yep that's what I get too.

@ JJ do you sit in traffic jams a lot? :d

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep that's what I get too.

@ JJ do you sit in traffic jams a lot? :d
Nope but it sits in the drive most of the week and on the weekend i go mostly on back roads and motorways and every other week goes on a 130mile round trip. I'm surprised that I managed to keep my mpg since I put on the exhaust and changed the air filter doesn't seem to have made any diff to my fuel economy or my insurance premiums :)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
op have you considered matte black plastidip or protectant for the black plastic trim? it looks a bit faded.
I did think about getting something like that done and I've had a look at plastidip but not to sure about how hard wearing it may or may not be? And wasn't sure what colour would be best. Don't particularly want it to stand out to much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Im quite new to the modding scene, Ive just gone and got myself new rims, front and rear speakers, and a new head unit.
I didn't really want to spend that much on my car, but seeing your Clio lowered just makes me want mine lowered.
My 2 questions are;1) does it effect the ride comfort (Not that it's very comfortable, just don't want it getting more uncomfortable)
2) How much effort was it to buy and fit?
Ive got the same Clio 1.2 just in Blue

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did think about getting something like that done and I've had a look at plastidip but not to sure about how hard wearing it may or may not be? And wasn't sure what colour would be best. Don't particularly want it to stand out to much.
Hello i have used PlastiDip many times to renew my plastics on a megane and other cars and it works and looks great. The plastics look brand new and last ages. Here is a very quick tutorial.
1.Shake the can like mad for 5-10mins
2.Secure the painting area. Tape/Newspapers stuff like that
3.Wash the plastics very very well
4.Apply a very thin layer in a sweeping motion. Leave to dry for 5 mins
5.Repeat step for 4-5 times
Leave to dry for 1-2H You are done :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts