Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There, I have recently bought a Megane Dynamique (52 plate) and I am having trouble with it stalling. When the car has been parked for more than 8 hours or so, the revs drop when I try and start it and it stalls. This doesn't happen all of the time, just now and again. My garage have cleaned out the throttle valve and it hasn't worked....does anyone have any ideas on what it could be??? The diagnotic test showed nothing although it wasn't at a renault garage. I'd really really appreciate any help ......Kind rgds Melmegane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definately could be Dephaser Pulley, had mine done before for same problem now I need to have it done again!

Renault Common Problem!!!!

Currently in process of writing a large letter of complaint for everything else thats gone wrong with 55' Reg Megane CC:confused:

A

·
0 Posts
Definately could be Dephaser Pulley, had mine done before for same problem now I need to have it done again!

Renault Common Problem!!!!

Currently in process of writing a large letter of complaint for everything else thats gone wrong with 55' Reg Megane CC:confused:
I am going to pose a question as you “Samir02392” have had dephaser problems.

Wouldn't your fuel consumption be greatly affected by this
dephaser problem, where as a tdc sensor problem would just cause bad starting.

I have a megane 1.6 vvt and would like to pin this down once and for all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am assuming that my MPG is affected yes. Usually from cold start the car will start but if I do not rev the hell out of it which, produces lots of smoke and is very jumpy then the car will stall.

So I would assume lots of smoke would lower my MPG. I would definately contemplate letting the dealer know that other drivers have had the same problem numerous times. So far I have had it changed once but the car is back to itself within a few weeks :mad:

Apparently this is a very well know problem with the 1.6 (K4M) engine.

Factors are:

1: Power Loss
2: Stalling upon start or just after
3: Lots of smoke upon start especially when revved a bit :eek:
4: Lower MPG* In my personal opinion I believe this

This is what I have noticed and if its still in warranty get it done asap as I have heard its costly otherwise.

Hope that helps

Samir

1 - 7 of 7 Posts