Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thought I'd post some pictures of my car.

Got it about a month or two ago and I'm really enjoying it.

It's a 2002 Megane 1.6 with 156000km.

I've put lamin-x on all lights to protect from the sun and stones as I travel long distances and often have the car parked in the sun. Also installed a JVC head unit that's really made a difference to the stock sound.

Pics below!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
that looks a lot like mine, but mine being older been made in 1998. my megane rxe is getting some work done to it here and there i would like it to be as clean as yours in the end.

well done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all, thought I'd post some pictures of my car.

Got it about a month or two ago and I'm really enjoying it.

It's a 2002 Megane 1.6 with 156000km.

I've put lamin-x on all lights to protect from the sun and stones as I travel long distances and often have the car parked in the sun. Also installed a JVC head unit that's really made a difference to the stock sound.

Pics below!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how many parts were included in your fitting kit for your head unit?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks a lot like mine, but mine being older been made in 1998. my megane rxe is getting some work done to it here and there i would like it to be as clean as yours in the end.

well done.
Thanks!
how many parts were included in your fitting kit for your head unit?
I just got the fascia adapter and the wiring adapter to convert the OEM wires to the ones used by the head unit.

I didn't get the steering control adapter because the cost here in South Africa is the price of the radio itself!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Bought some new hubcaps for my car yesterday :).

They come from the Clio 4 Blaze here in South Africa...

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,805 Posts
When you look at the lovely lines of that car, it makes me wonder what Renault were playing at when they built the ugly "big assed" mk2 Megane?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It really is a neat not-so-little car. Hope it'll serve you well
I'm sure it will :) It's our 7th Renault and 3rd Megane MK1!
When you look at the lovely lines of that car, it makes me wonder what Renault were playing at when they built the ugly "big assed" mk2 Megane?
Honestly, I'm not so sure! I'm glad they went for a more sane choice when designing the MK3... I had a MK2 sedan diesel but that gave endless issues and we got rid of it. It was quite an awesome car to drive when it worked ;)

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
it makes me wonder what Renault were playing at when they built the ugly "big assed" mk2 Megane?
It wasn't ugly, just controversial ;) Today it's classic. Much more stylish than Golf mk4 or mk5 and still more avantgarde than Focus mk1.
Anyway, 'fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round' as Farrokh Bulsara sang :grin2:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,805 Posts
It wasn't ugly, just controversial ;) Today it's classic. Much more stylish than Golf mk4 or mk5 and still more avantgarde than Focus mk1.
Anyway, 'fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round' as Farrokh Bulsara sang :grin2:

I prefer my cars and women without the fat ass
Freddie Mercury sang it too, doesn't make it any more appealing to me buddy. LOL

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gave the car a nice wash and wax today as well as cleaned the upholstery. Took over three hours :D

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I routed my aux cable behind the dash a while back but never posted a pic. I also covered the fascia adapter with plastidip black to make it match a little better than the grey :)

The only thing left for me to do now is find a new boot lock! I'll be servicing the car this week or next week

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One more update for the day :) I serviced the car today after all and sprayed my grills.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 174 Posts