Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After thinking about getting a Clio 1.8 RSi, I changed my mind again and started looking at Clio 1.8 16v's. :rolleyes:

Looked at a couple and ended up buying this one..........

It's done 102,000 miles, had 3 owners from new (last one for 5 years, first one a company), service history is extensive (loads of receipts dating back to 1994).

Paintworks a bit scruffy, rear nearside wing has been resprayed but not very well, and lacquer on the roof is dodgy. The sunroof has been sealed shut as it started to leak, there's a slight leak from a steering gaiter (pointed out during mot in April, but not a failure.)

That's all I could find earlier! No visible rust on rear arches or sills either :) Probably find lots more when I pick it up on Saturday!

And it's mine for the sum of £500 :d

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, keeping the Laguna :d

Laguna's staying at home so the OH can use it as and when, and I'll be blasting the backroads to work and back in the Clio ;) :rofl:

Yeah, I noticed the reg :p ;)

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one Matt.Any plans to make it faster?:devil:
Might just add a different filter or induction kit. Has already got a different exhaust of indetermined origin that sounded nice and meaty :d

Don't fancy mucking around with it too much seeing as it's done over 100k ;)

O

·
0 Posts
£500:eek:

What a result - you've just made me rething my idea of a 2 year old 182 as a track day toy!

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£500:eek:

What a result - you've just made me rething my idea of a 2 year old 182 as a track day toy!
I know!! Looked at an M reg one yesterday with 77k, no history, lump of wood propping the drivers window shut, and loads of niggly bits wrong with it, and he wanted £1250 ono for it!

My one was only advertised on Autotrader late last night! I did'nt even see the ad, it was a mate in Worchester looking on Autotrader whilst we chatted on the phone this morning who spotted it and gave me the number to ring :rofl:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Might just add a different filter or induction kit. Has already got a different exhaust of indetermined origin that sounded nice and meaty :d

Don't fancy mucking around with it too much seeing as it's done over 100k ;)

Very sensible Matt.:)

(Thats unlike you......:moonie:)

:d

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very sensible Matt.:)

(Thats unlike you......:moonie:)

:d

I'm always sensible :moonie: :rofl:

BUT...........

............ With my last 3 cars (Laguna, Civic Type R and Pug 106) I've promised myself that I won't modify in anyway! Normally lasts 6 months maximum before the bug bites again :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems a great find Matt, Should serve you well if looked after.

Good colour match to your Lag.

Have fun.

Regards

Ottoman

Cheers Otto :)

Fingers crossed it'll serve me well. Already pre-warned my friendly local garage that I'll be in soon for a cambelt change and service.

As for the colour, I think it's the same blue as the Clio Williams :cool: Should look cool next to the Lag ;)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Cheers Otto :)

Fingers crossed it'll serve me well. Already pre-warned my friendly local garage that I'll be in soon for a cambelt change and service.

As for the colour, I think it's the same blue as the Clio Williams :cool: Should look cool next to the Lag ;)
Another A$$ to shine Matt.

So two new babys in the house now :) .

Regards

Ottoman

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
That looks good Matt, I like the look of the fogs and bonnet scoop on that model,
Regards leroy

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
At first glance it looks very tidy Matt. Well done on a good find :d

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At first glance it looks very tidy Matt. Well done on a good find :d

At first glance it is! The photo's do it proud ;) :rofl:

As it seems pretty much rust free, I'm not worried about the scruffy paintwork. Can always get bits done as and when if I want to :d

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Picked the Clio up this afternoon :d

Sat at a steady 80 on the drive back from Dover to Canterbury, and am pleased to say that it drives like a car with half the mileage it's got :d

Engine purrs along nicely, with plenty of welly when needed!! Put my foot down in 5th at 80 and it just kept getting faster ;) Even chugs along at 30 in 5th with no complaints :d

Interior is like new! Looks like the back has never been sat in! Even the front seats are unworn, with no tears, fag burns or frayed bolsters.

Have a bulging folder full of receipts dating back to when it was almost new! Even got all the old MOT's, so at least I know the mileage is genuine! One receipt say's the cambelt was overdue as it had done over 72k, but I found another receipt for a cambelt at 60k, and then a sticker under the bonnet saying cambelt done at 87k :d

Few niggles I've found so far........

Temp display on dash is very dull.
Rear discs and pads look a bit past their best.
Nearside mirror wobbles like mad.

Thats all so far!! Not bad methinks :d

1 - 20 of 21 Posts