Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's not a nine seater,well it was when it frist came out of the factory,how it only has 2 seats it the back and a 33 inch wide section was cut out of the floor from the back of the front seats right to the back door and then the floor was dropped about 6 inchs to create a trench if u like to give more head room for a wheelchair user!!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to order lining carpet for the rear wheel archs,change the lighting to some nice LEDs,have to box around the the bottom of the seats for some extra storage and line them in carpet to,up grade the speakers in the head lining,and may be change the head lining its self but not sure and that yet!! Just waiting on the weather to clear up to get cracking,what have u done to yours!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
I agree, it's a work van after all.
I have some serious air horns on it to scare the knickers off people.
Good luck with yours, but do save some dosh for a rainy day.

Regards
Ralph

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, it's a work van after all.
I have some serious air horns on it to scare the knickers off people.
Good luck with yours, but do save some dosh for a rainy day.

Regards
Ralph
Rainy days are all ready here ha ha,will just do things as I get/save a few pound,air horns how that sounds great,as the stranded one is pants,

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Hi Chum how's you? van is looking good ! get yourself some chrome door mirror covers & paint over the BMW logos on the wheels - Sorted
Are the tyres 'commercial' rated ?

Ralph

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Chum how's you? van is looking good ! get yourself some chrome door mirror covers & paint over the BMW logos on the wheels - Sorted
Are the tyres 'commercial' rated ?

Ralph
Well chuffer I doing good now,work has picked up a good bit thank god was getting worried there for a while,how's are u!!! Hope all is well and your van is treating u good!!! Not so sure about the chrome mirror covers aas I hopeing to get the bumpers and plastic moulding sprayed ( hopefully by the end of the summer with a bit of luck) bmw logos are being taken off and some renault ones put in there place,and tyres are load rated 104 Xl so that should b more than enough,I did by spots for the front but have changed my mind about fitting them and got some led,s instead ,just wasn't worth it to fit the spots get the stalk and all ,LEDs are easier and I can put them any were on the bumper but have not decided were to mount them yet!! Trying to keep it simple as I feel that's the way to go,have to go to an alloy wheel supplier and get some chrome wobble bolts for the alloys this week as the bolts I have on are a bit dirty looking and may b some nice vavle caps to finish them off !!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Yep things are good with my van, so far it's been the Air con radiator, front brakes complete, top suspension mount bearings, accelerator position sensor.
Oh and a new piece of carpet in the back - got to have some comfort eh.
Glad your work has picked up for you, sounds like you may need the pennies for some more goodies:d
I'm working my way round repairing the bumper scrapes on mine & replacing the mud flaps as they have seen better days apart from that it's going well, touch wood.
Ralph

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1311.R3.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xchrome+valve&_nkw=chrome+valve+covers&_sacat=0&_from=R40

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
U have been busy,what kind of miles is on your van,it's the same year as mine is it (09) are these common problems are have u just been unluckly !! Hopefully I won't have to replace anything for a while,u say u are fixing marks on the bumpers!!! Reason I ask is I have what looks like some kind of lacquer peel on my front bumper in different places ,wouldn't mind knowing now to fix it in case I don't get the bumpers sprayed !!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to say u were talking about replacing the mud flaps bought these from halfords for 12 euro they are uni fit and went on quit well here a pic

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
U have been busy,what kind of miles is on your van,it's the same year as mine is it (09) are these common problems are have u just been unluckly !! Hopefully I won't have to replace anything for a while,u say u are fixing marks on the bumpers!!! Reason I ask is I have what looks like some kind of lacquer peel on my front bumper in different places ,wouldn't mind knowing now to fix it in case I don't get the bumpers sprayed !!
Hi, Yes it is the same year as yours '09 It's done 70,500 miles.
The air-con condensor had to be replaced just because all the fins had totally corroded & disappeared & i wanted to check the A/C was working.
The front brakes were 70% worn so they need doing, discs were pitted & O/S caliper was rusted.
Top suspension 'donuts & bearings' the O/S bearing was knackered & i was getting a clonking sound on full lock.
Accelerator sensor was faulty & sending duff info to ECU & making the quickshift gears 1 & 2 jumpy.
The mud flaps i got off ebay £26 for the front as they were broken, got them yesterday 'nice'.
Your rear flaps are ok, they fit well by the looks of things, as for bumper scrapes (see photo's) i am just sanding down with a fine 240 grade & filling with isopon bumper fill compound & spraying with a dark grey bumper spray.
Your front bumper is tricky as it's so big to spray up yourself on your driveway - send through a photo of the damage.
Have a chat to 'Velsatisfied' he will know what to do.
Ralph

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So just normal wear and tear items replaced,the mud flaps u have look good assume there proper renault ones look better then mine,yours beening the same colour as the bumper and mine been black,the marks on your back bumper ain't bad,will be interesting to c how u take them out,I have to replace the top mont drivers side bearings/ donut thing as well,it does the Glunk sometimes and other times it does not was it dear for the replacement parts and labour !!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts