Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, most of you all know that i got a new Toshiba Satellite L30 laptop with windows vista preloaded and that i was getting on fine as my PC skills where not great but iam finding that vista is much more friendly to use.I loaded my camera driver tonight with no problem at all and it only says 2000 & XP on it,and as i said its all working fine so happy days,i also have done my Epson DX4800 printer,scanner,fax driver and all is well and i have also done my driver for my duel shock controller's and they are also working only have web cam to do but if i mind correctly it was just plug and use,well thats me all done for now all the best Donald

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Thats good Donald, I had trouble getting my printer to work, but contacted HP and they were very helpful, my camera works fine as well as does my phone, some of my xp software does not however.Glad your enjoying it:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats good Donald, I had trouble getting my printer to work, but contacted HP and they were very helpful, my camera works fine as well as does my phone, some of my xp software does not however.Glad your enjoying it:)
Thanks moi i forgot about my phone:) ;) although i had a alot of problems putting it onto the home PC if i remember right i had to go online and conntaced Nokia because the disc had???cheers Donald.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry i do have 1 question ive been looking at tv cards on ebay the one that pushes into the laptop with 2 connections for arial sockets on it is that what iam looking for

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Sorry i do have 1 question ive been looking at tv cards on ebay the one that pushes into the laptop with 2 connections for arial sockets on it is that what iam looking for
Hi Donald,

Do a search on ebay for ... usb freeview .. and you should get a selection of what you require, some are better than others tho so take your time and see which one suits your needs but they are very cheap now.

Most come with an aerial but it is pretty poor, you will have an external one on your caravan anyway.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Donald,

Do a search on ebay for ... usb freeview .. and you should get a selection of what you require, some are better than others tho so take your time and see which one suits your needs but they are very cheap now.

Most come with an aerial but it is pretty poor, you will have an external one on your caravan anyway.

Regards

Ottoman
Hi thats great Otto you learn new things everyday its hard to imagine that you can get freeview on a usb stick:crazy: cheers all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry is it comment for the battery on my laptop only to last about 1 hour on normal day to day searching web i thought it wold be a bit longer iam mybe just asking to much from it???iam i thanks Donald.

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Sorry is it comment for the battery on my laptop only to last about 1 hour on normal day to day searching web i thought it wold be a bit longer iam mybe just asking to much from it???iam i thanks Donald.
It should last a lot longer than that, my old one used to last an hour but this one is about 2-3hrs, dont often have mine unplugged tho.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Go into the power settings Donald and reduce all your screen brightness and other settings to minimum when running on battery. I tend to get about 3-4 hours out of mine if i use the correct settings.

Also, only have running what you need to save using battery life up unnecessarily.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi thanks ladys i will have a look at the settings today and see if i can save some power so i can last that bit longer on the job:d because one is just no good;) :rofl: all the best Donald.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts