Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 1996 Clio 1.4 RT.
On the end of the wiper stalk is a small switch (button) that can be pressed up or down.
There is no info in the handbook on what it does, the agents have no idea and it doesn't seem to do anything when pressed.
Have searched in this forum but haven't found any thread on this one.
Anyone got any info on what it's for?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
It is more than likely for the trip computer - if fitted!
You may well have the switch fitted in the stalk but the computer itself isn't installed.
Manufacturers quite often fit the wiring etc in place in all cars and then only fit the bits needed fro that particular model.
It keeps costs down, they only have to make one wiring loom etc.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Len Hornsey

I'm suprised the agents don't know.

On a Scenic it is used to scroll through the functions of the trip computer, i would think it is the same on the Clio, but it was an option not fitted to all.

:) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the replies.

This explains it all - no wonder nothing happens when we press the buttons - up to your receiving your info. we've spent hours looking something to change and listening for something to click:confused: :confused:

I agree about the agents - we bought the car off the only other owner who bought the car from the local agents - and we are all within three miles of each other - almost a "family affair" - so surprising that they didn't know and didn't try to find out.:confused: :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts