Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been for an M.O.T. and they say the Nearside Rear brake is recording little or no effort.
Is this something I could check and fix myself to save money?
If so what should I be checking and how? :d
I have a Renault Scenic 1.5 dci.
cheers.

G

·
If you feel confident with the spanners, yes, but you will need a workshop manual to guide you if it's not something you are familiar with :)

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Just been for an M.O.T. and they say the Nearside Rear brake is recording little or no effort.
Is this something I could check and fix myself to save money?
If so what should I be checking and how? :d
I have a Renault Scenic 1.5 dci.
cheers.
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

What age is the Scenic,and does it have rear discs or drums?.Also,was it the service brake or parking brake causing the problem?.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again :)
It is the parking brake. Sorry I thought I had written that but I see I didn't :p
Have just checked and it has disc brakes on the rear wheel. The brake pads are pretty new.
The car is from 2007. The cars full name I have just read, is Renault Scenic 1.5dCi extreme.

On the M.O.T. refusal it has:
Nearside Rear parking brake recording little or no effort. [3.7.A.7a]

Parking brake efficiency below requirements [3.7.A.10]

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Is the parking brake electric on your car? if it is , I dont think can be adjusted. I might be wrong , maybe some 1 with more knowledge on electric hand can shed light on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about the electric handbrake. It isn't automatic if that's what you mean. You have to apply it manually.
The guy at the M.O.T. place said something about having to check what the problem is... wether it be the cable or he also said something about a caliper?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it is electric.
You have to apply it manually.
The guy at the M.O.T. place said if I let them do it they would have to check what the problem is and he mentioned cable and/or a caliper?

Oops haha posted this twice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.