Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anyone tell me where I can get a new connector and some female pins for this switch please?
I have searched absolutely everywhere and for the life of me cannot find one of these plugs.
The switch is a Parking Pilot switch that I want to use to switch some led lights on and off in the back of my 2015 Vivaro/Renault Trafic van.
I've built the circuit to latch and unlatch from this momentary switch but I cannot find a plug and some pins to make up a connector to fit this socket.
Searching the usual connector catalogues such as Tyco, Amphenol, Molex etc I can't find anything and speaking to the parts departments of both the Vauxhall and Renault dealers all they offer is "Computer says No…” type comments.

Any help locating one of these would be very much appreciated as it is driving me mad that this is proving so difficult!!

Many Thanks
Rob

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
If that is what I think it is, it's from a 2015-on vivaro. Try looking for a cheap loom on Tbay, or the online breakers, and nick the corresponding part. Or, try your local breakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fraser,
You’re spot on with the 2015 Vivaro. That’s exactly what it’s from.
I’ve already searched Tbay for old looms etc but nothing going at all. I've also emailed about a dozen or so breakers which have also drawn a blank.
I never believed it would be so difficult to source a connector!!
Do you have any ideas where I might get a new one from??

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
No idea on new other that Opel/Vauxhall or Renault. You can also try asking or looking for a loom from the Renault Trafic of the same age. Same motor after all.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,780 Posts
the pins are easy to get, multiplug will be a nightmare

molex pins these are called,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Fraser,
I already include Renault Trafic in all my searches for looms and connectors etc but still no joy.
As regards the Renault and Vauxhall dealers, they just look at the computer and say "it's not on the system so they can't help".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ours2012,
Thanks for your input, I have some 0.1" female pins, not sure if they are molex or not but I am thinking now I might just have to sleeve them up and slide onto the pins of the switch, then try to fix them somehow. Maybe once the connections are in place I could fill the socket with epoxy. I still can't believe these plugs are not available somewhere!!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
You could use silicone rather than epoxy, and, if you grease the walls of the socket before hand, will give you a removable plug, so to speak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts