Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get new driveshafts with smaller diameter splines at the hub end? I***8217;ve tried to buy new ones twice using the reg but they all have 28mm diameter which is too big!

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
21,896 Posts
Please give us model/ fuel type / year ect and put the make and model in your garage section..that will then show every time you ask a question and we wont have to ask you the same again..:smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Can vouch for J&R too. Always get my stuff from them. Very quick service too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s a 5 speed manual box. Right hand drive.
I used J&R but the ones that they supply for my reg number don’t fit. As I said the hub end spline size on the ones supplied is 28mm and my hubs require more like 25mm. There must be another vehicle that uses the same driveshafts as the 1990 T1 Trafic but has these smaller hub ends. I need to work out what that vehicle is as they are used on this camper version!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,391 Posts
i remember the early mk1 scenics had the same problem 2 different size shafts

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
It’s a 5 speed manual box. Right hand drive.
I used J&R but the ones that they supply for my reg number don’t fit. As I said the hub end spline size on the ones supplied is 28mm and my hubs require more like 25mm. There must be another vehicle that uses the same driveshafts as the 1990 T1 Trafic but has these smaller hub ends. I need to work out what that vehicle is as they are used on this camper version!
Give them a call, always been able to sort out sizing problems very quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts