Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello,

I had my car broken into on Saturday and my car stereo stolen :mad:

Whilst I save up for a new CD/MP3 player, I was hoping to fit the original tape player/radio back in so that it isn't deadly silent all the time.

My only problem being... I've never fitted one before. I've got a Renault Clio 1.2 Extreme Sport so if anyone can point me in the direction of a good guide or feels brave enough to try talk me through it that would be great!

I'm also posting another thread in the body work forum as they have scratched my paint work and bent my window frame so if you can help out there too please take a look.

Thanks in advance!!

:)

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Noodle.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you had your car broken into and the stereo pinched,if the connectors are not damaged refitting the original radio should be straight forward,have a look at this link:-

How to fit a car stereo...

hope this helps.

:) :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your Radio should just plug straight back into the existing wiring.
Hi,

Thanks for that.... I think I should have been more detailed, my problem is with the wiring and what goes where etc, having never fitted a car radio before I'm looking at the wires thinking... argh! :eek:(

Any tips on how to wire it, wiring diagrams maybe?

Sorry should have been clearer!!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Do the wires running from the car end with any type of socket/plug on them or do they just end in bare wire (did the dirty ba$tards cut the wires) :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi All

Thanks for the rep points....:)

Noodle when you fit the radio there is no need to disconnect the battery ,just leave the ignition off (keep the key in your pocket) . After all is plugged in switch ignition on then turn radio on,display should read "code".

it is a four digit code that is for that radio only,to input it see below.

Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
Press " ¬ " On The Stalk Control To Enter
Rotate " Thumbwheel " For Correct Digit
If the correct code number is now shown
Press And Hold " ¬ " Until A Beep Is Heard
And the Radio will then Turn On

Hope that helps.

:) :)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Been out and had a look and they all seem to have the plugs on which is good news :)
These just need to be plugged into the reverse of the original radio then. If you've got one white plug and one black I believe the white plug would go in the top slot on the radio and the black in the bottom slot. If you haven't got different colours then just trial and error I'm afraid. It is all rather easier than you first imagined.

Just to add, note Glenda's post above re coded radio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aw that's brillaints thanks to you both for all your help :) after a bit of playing about I'm all sorted!!! Just need to fix the scratches and the bent frame now!!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Yep..as Scatz said..glad we could help....:) :)

Just a shame there are so many nasty b:censored: s around to damage and pinch other peoples property.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts