Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope no one is offended if I'm a bit cheeky here and use the forum to promote a good cause ;)

My cousin is involved with the charity Greenhouse Schools Project and is trying to raise funds by attempting the Three Peak Challenge. Rather him than me :eek: :eek:

Its a very worthy cause and if anyone on the forum would like to donate I know it would be very gratefully received!

It's really easy to support John and his gang online - just go to their page

Justgiving - Sport Industry National Three Peaks

:) :d :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the link

Hi everyone,

I just spent 20 mins writing a witty and interesting reply all about our trials and tribulations of the training we have put in for the three peaks next week.

I must have clicked the wrong button or hit a keyboard shortcut because I went to a new page and lost everything. AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So then I wrote another, albeit shorter version, clicked the spell check which installed the active X control and deleted my second reply AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 2!

Attempt three...

We are a bit worried about the weather. We work in SW London and yesterday has a massive thunder and lightening storm - the biggest I have seen since I was a kid. There were hailstones at least 1cm wide. Its July for gods sake - global warming or what? Probably best left for another thread.

We did a test run up Scafell Pike (highest peak in England - just under 1km high) the other weekend as it is pretty tricky to navigate up there as there are no paths at the top. It is just covered in scree (loose boulders) and we will be doing that one in the dark!

I put some photos of the practise run on our blog. National 3 Peak Challenge. The shots of the lake in front of the youth hostel are pretty cool.

We have been training pretty hard too. I rowed 5k, stepped 2k and ran 3k yesterday - same again today :crazy: It will be worth putting the hard work in now though.

So if any one could spare a few pounds we would be really grateful. Just £1, £2 or a fiver. you can donate online with your credit or debit card its really easy and only takes a minute. What ever you can spare would be fantastic.

We have raised well over £2k so far and need another £1000 in the next week so please help.

Thanks again everyone - and apologies if I have offended anyone by asking.

PLEASE SPONSOR US @ Justgiving - Sport Industry National Three Peaks

Blog & photos @ National 3 Peak Challenge

Thanks

cousinJohn

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck John. Next time - take your Dad with you! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have an advantage over me sir/madam.

Do you know him? There is a pub at the bottom of Scafell Pike - he could get the lunch ready!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Hope no one is offended if I'm a bit cheeky here and use the forum to promote a good cause ;)

My cousin is involved with the charity Greenhouse Schools Project and is trying to raise funds by attempting the Three Peak Challenge. Rather him than me :eek: :eek:

Its a very worthy cause and if anyone on the forum would like to donate I know it would be very gratefully received!

It's really easy to support John and his gang online - just go to their page

Justgiving - Sport Industry National Three Peaks

No not at all.
As long as you asked permission from the Admin for the forum first! :d

Good luck to cousinjohn and his colleagues.

I would love to do something like that, but I am not even 40 and my knee is completley [email protected]!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John is neleh (Helen's) cousin. neleh is selwonk's (Knowles) wife... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah - clarity at last!

Not sure if he would make it to the start line. Best leave him to keep the beer cool.

Thanks for the donation superbiatch - maybe not such a biatch after all!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So its the big day tomorrow - scary :crazy:

Hope all goes well and you manage all three peaks - fingers crossed that the weather treats you kind!

Good luck!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts