Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice day today so I thought I'd wash the mottah. Was looking good when I left it.....an hour later and the bloody seagulls had $hite absolutely everywhere:steam: .

Hadn't touched either mottah to front or back of mine or even the path or road.....just my mottah:steam:

I have now decided to invest in an illegal big bore firearm and go on a very short hunting trip:d

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Sing along if you wish Oh i do like to be beside the sea side oh i do like to be beside the sea:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
I think you've done the bicarb of soda trick in the past and the seagull spirits are getting their own back!!:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you've done the bicarb of soda trick in the past and the seagull spirits are getting their own back!!:)
I can assure you Hugh that I have not. I was and always have been a animal lover......until today:d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
When I lived in Aberdeen, where I worked had a huge problem with seagulls my car was blue but it was always covered in droppings where others were not someone suggested to me it was because I had a sunroof on mine and the seagulls saw their reflection thinking it was another seagull invading their territory ?

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Its Setptember i hate after the birds have been eating Blackberries down beside the woods i live beside i hope my cat eats them for breakfasts ,lunch and dinner oh and supper

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
God damn yeh:rofl: :rofl:

But then, if seagulls had their own transport it would be fun 'coz I'm sure our mess would annoy them more:crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I don't think seagulls have a colour preferance - they do like clean cars though.

I have lived in Cornwall all my life and have had red,blue,silver,grey,black cars and they still sh1t on them.

I once caught one [email protected]@rd standing on the bonnet of my car pecking away at the winsdcreen wipers!
Luckily I had the hosepipe inmy hand ( I was watering the garden) - a quick blast of water and he soon flew off.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Right, have just finished a three hour stint on the externals of the car - wash, dry, wax, removed brake dust, back to blacked the tyre's and trim. I think I'll leave the inside until tomorrow;)

How long is it gonna be before the dasterdly gulls attack:(

This is how it looks now (guaranteed not to look like this for long);

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Looking Good Scatz ....

Maybe we should run a book eh, How long and where they strike first money.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No seagulls as yet but we are currently experiencing one of the best storms I've ever witnessed. Absolutely hammering it down aswell, the rains just gliding of the car. Kid's have just come charging down the stairs in a fit of panic:rofl: , fantastic light show. You wouldn't believe all of an hour ago the sun was out and the sky was blue:)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
When I lived in Aberdeen, where I worked had a huge problem with seagulls my car was blue but it was always covered in droppings where others were not someone suggested to me it was because I had a sunroof on mine and the seagulls saw their reflection thinking it was another seagull invading their territory ?

It's funny you should mention Aberdeen because my worst seagull incident of all time happened there... in my first Laguna... with the sunroof open.

The bird offloaded front to rear along the full length of the car. As luck would have it, I wasn't in the driver's seat at the time, and most of the muck landed on a colleague of mine who was driving the car :p

Without access to a bucket and sponge, I decided to run it through a car wash. In fact, I ended up running it through three before it actually came clean again.

I was told that seagulls usually prefer to 'unload' over water. When they see a bright and shiny car beneath them, they assume that the reflection is from the sea, and it's bombs away.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts