Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to get my 2002 Laguna 1.9 dCi Dynamique Turbo diesel. Is there anything you want to tell me? Good bad or indifferent. Open forum so to speak.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
One thing is you will scared to death after reading this forum for 2 weeks, but i have exactly the same model and had nothing to serious go wrong apart from changing a brake caliper. The main suggestion from me is have a good read of the forum and just highlight any things you can do to prevent any probs . i find this forum superb for putting my mind at rest and saving money. Good luck and enjoy your car.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Ibrox - don't service the car every 18000 as recommended by Renault - have it checked at least every year or every 9000 miles which ever comes first - it is recommended to change the oil and filter every 9000 miles using good quality oil for the sake of the turbo.
Good Luck with the new motta and may you enjoy good health and wealth to buy the next one:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Honestly...? Well its not quite as cut and dried as it might seem. My recommendation to you is to get it inspected thoroughly and be prepared for some expense. There are quite a few problems with these cars but the good news is that there a lot of people who can help you here.

The key points:
Suspension and steering-
Rear bushes are prone to wear.
Steering ball joints known to fail at around 60,000.
Lower ball joints.
Strut top bearings.
Shattered springs

Engine-
Exploding turbos.
Heavy carbon build up.
EGR valve problems.
Bent valves.

Interior:
Check all electrics
Driver and passenger window regulators known for failure.
Speedo failure

Exterior electrics:
Tyre sensors.

There are others but these are the main - just look through the threads to see. However, lots of people swear by them (See my poll) Me. I just swore at mine. Best of luck.
Tyre sensors

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Ibroxblue.

I would have a good read through the Forums, I would also make sure I had a very extensive warranty with the car not just because it is a Renault but modern cars are very expensive to repair especially if the parts are dealer supply only.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts