Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just picked my 54 1.6 Petrol Scenic Dynamique at the weekend, and at the moment it seems to be running well. Still booked it in with renault, as there are some funny rattles and stuff going on. Hopefully all under warrenty!!

So I have a couple of questions regarding the electronics. My version seems to only have the 1 cigarette lighter at the front. I know that on some models there is the option to have 2 in the back where there middle seat draw is. Is this something that is still possible to get fitted? If so does anyone know how much or how easy it is. If not, I was wondering if anyone has been able to add any extra ones anywhere else - possibly the boot. It seems that in a time where I have 5 different gadgets (pda, phone, mp3, gps, kids dvd player) 1 cigarette lighter is just not enough. I do have a 3 way adaptor, but It looks really untidy. I am aware that the extra center console does come with an "accesory point", but I think they are a couple of hundred quid..

Also next question. I am quite impressed with the sound quality of the "tuner list" stereo. I do have an mp3 player (creative zen xtra) that I would love to hook up to it through the tunepoint add on. Could I do this via the USB, and have control of it via the stick? If not Could I hook up a small usb hard drive ( like a lacie 80gig portable) and store my music on that?

I have been quoted about £100 for the tunepoint, but for this price, could I get a new better Head Unit with a built in USB (hopefully around the back to thread through to the glove box), that would also use the stick AND the display?

thanks all

Nick B

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Nick B.

Always glad to welcome a fellow Scenic II driver aboard.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Hi and welcome :d

I've popped the fuse twice on the front cig lighter just running the phone charger or the kids dvd player. It's a b!tch of a fuse to replace too, so when I ran the power supply for my amp I fitted a distribution block and a cig lighter in the panel below the middle rear seat. Now I run everything off that one as it's got an 80 amp fuse ..... nothing I've got will pop that one ;)
The power supply wasn't the easiest thing to run but it's done now and I doubt I'll ever remove it.
I can put up some pics of you need them.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Ok then here you go ...

The first one shows where I've fitted the lighter. There are two small circles where you can use a hole cutter to make the space for the lighter. I used a seat bolt under there to earth the lighter.
The second one shows where I've hidden the distribution block. It's under the panel with the 1/4 turn screws - in beside the jack etc under the middle row of seats - although I'm not sure if your Scenic is the Grand or the shorter one. If yours is the short one it might not have this part. There will no doubt be somewhere you can hide the wiring
The third shows the fuse although not where it runs thru the bulkhead .... you gotta take out the air filter on the 1.9 dCi to get access to where it passes thru.

If you need any more just shout :d

Attachments

Reactions: ottoman

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the photos. It has just shown me that someone of my DIY skill level SHOULD NOT try this!!!!!! Great job though..

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes I agree, as have have same problem and also when you plug in into front socket you can not open the drink box and also you cant use the rear socket when the rear seat are folded down plus the power is only on while the key in ignition unlike the vw. which means you cant charge items such as pda's ect while you are out of you car. I am hoping that this the power off can be solved once I get workshop manual. . maybe someone could design a replacement for the ash tray so you can use it as a phone phone holder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts