Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Renault people. Please help me.
I took my 1996 Megane to the garage to get the battery changed: it seemed on its last legs, and the car was starting only when I gave it a lot of gas.
Trouble is, the mechanics changed the battery but then couldn't turn the alarm off. When I arrived at the garage, I found them wrapping the siren in overalls to stop the noise. They then disconnected the battery to stop the noise and told me that they'd have to go in through the dashboard. This seems insane to me. I pointed out that the key fob was now not working to open and close the car - there was no 'plip plip'. One of the mechanics had changed the battery inside the key fob, but to no avail. The light in the fob was coming on, but the actual 'plip plip' was not working any more. But surely this - the fact that the central locking no longer works - is the cause of the alarm and the immobiliser going off? I put this to them, and one of them agreed.
My mechanics have now gone home, promising to work on the car tomorrow, and I'm worried that they'll charge me the earth. They have all said that they have no idea what to do.
I really need someone's help here. A routine battery change has turned into a potentially expensive nightmare.
Yours worriedly,
Cat

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,
I had similar probs with my 99 scenic. All i had tyo do in the end was re-syncronize the key to the car.
you can find details on-line , just type into google 'alarm re-syncronize renault megane' and you should find the instructions. print them off and hand to your mecanic and that should be it!
best of luck;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts