Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
Just joined prompted mainly by wanting to look at some of the comments about Clio bonnet catches.
I own a 99 scenic RXE Dti and 2003 Clio 1.2 extreme 2 both of which are great cars. Have done over 10600 miles in the Scenic with nothing other than the light/indicator stalk failing (oh and those pesky rubber covered concertina interior light door switches which are getting very expensive these days) do most of my own servicing (other than Dti Cambelt)
Clio catch looks to me to be possibly a problem of letting it crud up maybe. I may be wrong but if its clean and free to slide back to it's proper position it looks like it should do its job. If the bonnet vibrates ove bumpy roads and the catch and cable lock are sticky maybe they could cause a problem but this is true of any car. I'm not agreat fan of these extended service intervals myself 18000 miles between check ups is a bit worrying really. I know the oil and build tolerances are good now but a lot can deteriorate in 18K miles.
Anyway good forum keep it up
Tony

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello Tony and welcome to the forum.:)

You are absolutely right,18,000 miles is too long between services,just ask any dCi owner who's had a turbo go due to the bearings not being lubrictaed properly by oil that has lost it's effectiveness!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts