Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just joined the Renault Forum hot on the heels of seeing the Watchdog piece on the Clio bonnet catch. Had a cracked ABS ring & wheel bearing replaced by Dales in West Cornwall the same day, but no mention there of a free check at the time.
Nice to find such a useful site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks OG, glad to be here.

The Clio FAQ is excellent, a mine of information, thanks again Chris.

I actually cleaned and greased the bonnet catch last year after I couldn't get the damn thing to shut late one night.
I had just checked the oil, coolant & screenwash in preparation for an unwelcome dash up to the midlands (my father had just had a heart attack 300 miles up the road!)
Despite several heavy handed slammings from me (leaving lasting indentations in the bonnet) I couldn't shut it and realised it had locked up solid. So I dismantled the catch and did the necessary, but I wasn't a happy bunny with the delay (given the circumstances)!

Both bonnet catch & father have recovered!

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Thanks OG, glad to be here.

The Clio FAQ is excellent, a mine of information, thanks again Chris.

I actually cleaned and greased the bonnet catch last year after I couldn't get the damn thing to shut late one night.
I had just checked the oil, coolant & screenwash in preparation for an unwelcome dash up to the midlands (my father had just had a heart attack 300 miles up the road!)
Despite several heavy handed slammings from me (leaving lasting indentations in the bonnet) I couldn't shut it and realised it had locked up solid. So I dismantled the catch and did the necessary, but I wasn't a happy bunny with the delay (given the circumstances)!

Both bonnet catch & father have recovered!
I only put the FAQ together the info is from the members. Glad the catch and more importantly, father are ok

1 - 11 of 11 Posts