Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll be 23 next year with 1 years no claims currently got a 59 reg Clio 1.1 with no black box insurance with social and a sing commute to work with 8k miles is 240 per month looking at what car I could get next which has a bit more power but a hell of a lot less on insurance

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Insurance is postcode lottery, you need to find some cars you like and then get some quotes to see if it possible, you must have some idea of the sort of cars you like?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Assuming you want to stay with the same type/size of car, the Ford Fiesta is often listed as the 'drivers' car in the hatchback market, I had a 1.4 (petrol) Peugeot 207 which had a good bit more performance than the usual 1.1 or 1.2 cars in this sector, or what about a Clio with a bigger engine?

A list of car insurance groups would also be a starting point to find cars which wouldn't be too much more expensive to insure - insurance is one of the reasons I haven't suggested the great handling Mini, which I assume would be clobbered. But maybe not?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha
Assuming you want to stay with the same type/size of car, the Ford Fiesta is often listed as the 'drivers' car in the hatchback market, I had a 1.4 (petrol) Peugeot 207 which had a good bit more performance than the usual 1.1 or 1.2 cars in this sector, or what about a Clio with a bigger engine?

A list of car insurance groups would also be a starting point to find cars which wouldn't be too much more expensive to insure - insurance is one of the reasons I haven't suggested the great handling Mini, which I assume would be clobbered. But maybe not?
ive had a look around I passed in a Ford Fiesta a diesel it was nippy with a decent amount of torque I’m just wanting something along those lines my clio now isn’t to bad but going over bumps in the toad etc you really do feel it and it struggles sometimes getting up steep hills happy to stay with Renault just insurance
Just did a search for "drivers cars with cheap insurance" and got a few links to insurance and magazine articles including this one - https://www.uswitch.com/car-insurance/the-cheapest-cars-to-insure/ - not a very inspiring list of cars though!!
ive had a look at the seat before I got the Clio because I was informed it had a bit more power to it but insurance quotes were daft and I mean like 4K plus a year just want something which is a bit nippier and dosent struggle going above 55

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Depending on the age of car you are looking at, VW group petrol engines had a few problems which are seldom mentioned in tests or reviews, so have a look around the internet if you go that way (VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi), and of course they've been caught lying about their diesels!!

As you can probably tell, I'm not VW's biggest fan!!

Let us know what you find...….

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on the age of car you are looking at, VW group petrol engines had a few problems which are seldom mentioned in tests or reviews, so have a look around the internet if you go that way (VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi), and of course they've been caught lying about their diesels!!

As you can probably tell, I'm not VW's biggest fan!!

Let us know what you find...….
I had a a3 while I was learning and weren’t a big fan of the accelerator as I was trying to get use to 2 different ones in different cars my price would be around 2/3k nothing special i
Use it for travels to work mainly but I was a big enough car in to go out on days off and more power with nothing stupid for insurance price wise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts