Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

i've recently purchased a 2000 Laguna Sport :) .
its a really nice car. ive had one problem with it. the pop to bonnet handle seems to be a bit of a dog to operate. i see from other chats, that this is common. if it breaks, is it screwed or is there much of a job to it.

Also the coolant in it is a kinda redish orange colour, i think this is bad or something like i might need to get my radiator flushed out or something. i read about this somewhere else what is the worst thing that the colour could mean, or am i over reacting.

the engine itself is clean and powerful to drive, but im a little bit concerned about the colour of the coolant, i bought the car private so ive no warranty. what should i do?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

The bonnet pulls can be a pain,and if the cable breaks it makes matters very awkward!.It is important to keep the catches well lubricated,and if the cables feel tight,then replace them,it will save you a lot of hassle in the future.

The coolant does have a tendency to go a rusty colour,and I would suggest flushing it out thoroughly and replacing it with a quality anti freeze and water mix.If left,the coolant can start to block the heater matrix and radiator,so it's best to do this as soon as you can.The coolant colour doesn't mean there is a problem with the engine or cooling system,so please don't worry!.It is just a sign that the coolant hasn't been changed recently.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Thanks!.We both have great taste!:)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
I had a very stiff bonnet release when I first got mine, lubrication of the catches cured it.

Some antifreeze mixtures are red instead of the usual green colour, thats what yours may have in it.

It,s not often that the cooling systems of modern cars get rusty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts