Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Sounds ominous for the younger driver - though I think the problem needs to be tackled somehow - as the article suggests some young drivers think they're bullet proof and it will never happen to them. Anyone any ideas on the matter.:)

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I have an idea to show them they're not invincible show all younger learner drivers images of dead drivers who thought they where safe, I know its sounds a bit harsh, but when one of these younger drivers thinks of taking a risk or acting irresponsibly behind the wheel they may think twice, and if its not images of dead people then the cars they where traveling in either completely unrecognizable or covered in blood whichever I think it would be a good deterrent against acting like an idiot behind the wheel which in all essence is a deadly weapon if not used correctly.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well said fig_jam_uk.

THEY WILL BE IN THEIR MID TWENTIES BEFORE A NEW LICENCE IS GRANTED IF THE'RE NOT CAREFUL.

GIVE IT TO THEM ONCE ,BUT PUT THE PENALTIES AT A VERY HIGH LEVEL.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Young drivers BAH!

Hi - The shock horror message unfortunately only works in the short-term. As I have worked as a safety professional I have noticed this in all apsects of life. In my opinion younger drivers seem to value their cars more than their own lives and the lives of others. Let's hit them where it hurts most. Maybe when they get 6 points on their licience their vehicle should be impounded for a period of 3 months or more. This would also affect company vehicle drivers who at times aren't much better. Can you imagine a continental driver going home without his truck - his/her boss wouldn't be pleased and probably would impose a sanction worse than the courts seem to be able to do.:)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
perhaps a spike instead of an airbag in the steering wheel. Seriously I think as cars have got safer for the occupants they have been driven with more abandon. It's not just young drivers, or Chavs and company car drivers. It extends to the 4 x 4 mummies who have the nice safe car but can't drive it etc. I also think that the influx of "foreign bationals" driving on English roads do not help. If our driving tests are stricter perhaps people coming to live here need to take our test regardless of wether they have one from their country of origin. The amount of batterd cars with foriegn plates I have seen is amazing and slightly scary. I live in a residential area and the speeds along our road are extreme.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The amount of batterd cars with foriegn plates kensington, knightsbridge. cars with foriegn plates hey!!!

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Yeh! Foreign bationals vehicles seem to be pretty battered - probably cos there's no MOT where they come from and they pass their test using braille. I live close to a school and when I see many female drivers arrive up in their 4X4 and large people carriers it just scares me - they see a parking space that would fit a bicycle stick the nose in and expect it to expand to suit - maybe they've got a thing about lycra or dress sizes. :rofl: I'm not trying to be sexist just being observant:confused:

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I live in a road with 3 private schools. It's mayhem at dropping of time, "my cars big and expensive therefore get out of my way oik" seems to be the 1st page of the highway code. There is also a mini roundabout at the end of the road which as our road is less busy always gets blocked so you can barely get onto it. To hell with give way to the right. Then when you do get on (with exit blocked) some bugger tries to ram you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts