Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And Im Broke! £1350 All In...! Why Does Is Take 3.5 Hours To Fit The Suspention Arm.. Might Sell What Otherwise Is A Beautiful Top Spec Car...

Any Words Of Advice Guys..? Hi By The Way!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:)

The suspension arm takes that time to change because Renault designed it that way!The bolt that goes through the back of the arm comes from the top down,so you have to drop the subframe down to get the bl00dy thing out.I think 3.5 hours is a bit excessive,but it isn't an easy job.:(

If the bolt went through the other way,the arm could be changed in less than half the time......don't you just love car designers.:steam:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sooo???

is it worth gettin done? the car is perfect apart from those things and has all the extras possible and 82000k FSH!

and.. what would i get - saw a mates bmw 530d today but i think that might cost me a bit more! and.. as i said Im broke.. just not sure about the car anymore:crazy:

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
If the reason to fit a new lower wishbone is because the lower ball joint is worn the job can be done for around £50.00.

A new ball joint kit is available, my local garage did the job for a total of £48.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts