Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of a friend is breaking a 2001 Laguna and I have enquired about getting the leather interior from him for my own car (2005 face-lift Laguna).

My first question is will a 2001 interior fit into a 2005 Laguna? Straight swap?

Secondly the new seats are electric and heated. I am not to fussed about the heated part as I don't like them as they just make you feel as if you've had an accident lol :d but the electric part I'd like. Do you think that all the wiring may be present in my car already for the electric functions?

My car is a 2005 1.9Dci Dynamique (face-lift version)?

:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
A friend of a friend is breaking a 2001 Laguna and I have enquired about getting the leather interior from him for my own car (2005 face-lift Laguna).

My first question is will a 2001 interior fit into a 2005 Laguna? Straight swap?

Secondly the new seats are electric and heated. I am not to fussed about the heated part as I don't like them as they just make you feel as if you've had an accident lol :d but the electric part I'd like. Do you think that all the wiring may be present in my car already for the electric functions?

My car is a 2005 1.9Dci Dynamique (face-lift version)?

:)
Seats are dead easy to swap. 4 nuts under car you need a deep socket 14 mm if I remember right under the car you will see rubber blanking gromets.

Then the seats just lift out. There are 2 connector on the seat and they plug in to the car you do not need to do any thing just tilt seat towards front of the car and lift out. This is very easy.

I replaced cloth with half leather, not electric but the connector on the car had lots of cables connected but the seat had only a few (for Air Bags seatbelt tensioners and seat belt switch).

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
The motorised functions aren't just a luxury, as there will be no way of manually adjusting the positions of these seats if you can't get the motors working.

As far as I'm aware, full leather is only standard on the Initiale (and later, the GT) and there are differences in the wiring. The seat motors and memory are operated by a multiplex controller that also handles the door mirrors and their memories. Cars without these functions probably won't have the multiplex controller, and I've definitely seen different wiring diagrams for the mirrors (one multiplexed, one not.)

I'd say you're taking a gamble if you want to get these working to factory spec. On the other hand, you may get lucky, or you may be able to get things working with a single 12v supply if you're prepared to rewire the seat motors. Just be careful what you tinker with, as there is probably a side airbag built into the seat, and you really don't want that to deploy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The motorised functions aren't just a luxury, as there will be no way of manually adjusting the positions of these seats if you can't get the motors working.

As far as I'm aware, full leather is only standard on the Initiale (and later, the GT) and there are differences in the wiring. The seat motors and memory are operated by a multiplex controller that also handles the door mirrors and their memories. Cars without these functions probably won't have the multiplex controller, and I've definitely seen different wiring diagrams for the mirrors (one multiplexed, one not.)

I'd say you're taking a gamble if you want to get these working to factory spec. On the other hand, you may get lucky, or you may be able to get things working with a single 12v supply if you're prepared to rewire the seat motors. Just be careful what you tinker with, as there is probably a side airbag built into the seat, and you really don't want that to deploy.
Good advice ^^^^^^^.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts