Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: hello to all ,
im one of the latest renault forum virgins. I drive an espace 2.2dt alize 1999 model. I am in the middle of a clutch slave cylinder dilema :mad: I shall post a thread soon for some help and advise. bfn chat soon

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

There are a number of posts regarding Clutch slave cylinders on Espaces, if you do a search of the forums you should find some info that might be of use to you.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm not to clued up on these forums.I tend to read loads of them but never seem to get involved.
The story so far with the espace: after spending a week feeling miserable and depressed about the thought of having to spend up to £550 for the replacement slave cylinder (parts and labour costs) and after reading some threads here i decided to have a go myself. I`ve removed the dash (not as scary as it looks lol) yesterday and took about an hour and half which i thought "not bad for an amateur",Ive ordered the parts from Europarts Birmingham and have to collect this afternoon. I'm hoping to have the old bus back on the road tonight but was unsure about one thing. I already have the aftermarket part fitted so was wondering if it is possible to change just the slave cylinder above the pedal? BTW my clutch was working fine and it is just the plastic clip that broke where it connects to the pedal,but i had to buy the complete unit to get this 50p worth of plastic. The reason i am gutted about the cost. (
I`m also a bit concerned about bleeding it after i`ve fitted the parts,is this pretty straight forward or a job for the pros?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated
rgds Olz.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello im having the same problem as you , replacing the clutch slave assembly , nightmare!,i have fitted it according to the fitting diagram but i cannot get a pedal when i push pedal it stays on the floor, can you help?? many thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts