Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well this a new one on me big time....

As regular readers will have seen i having been having problems with car going into fault mode, well after finding out that the Throttle body is yet again at fault, have just been informed that my local renault main dealer have now refused to fix my car because and wait for it "ITS NOT STANDARD"

Agian you may have seen that my car has a few toys in it and they are basically saying that this is the cause of the problems even though all Aux equipment runs straight off the battery.

So here it is, my name and shame for week ":censored:, or EVEN RENAULT UK", because they have basically said, scrap the car, its not worth fixing, have to laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they wonder they are near the bottom of customer service............

S

·
0 Posts
Please can I remind you of our rules:
Rules said:
We have a strict policy regarding naming and shaming of any company or service provider etc. You are encouraged to report on good service but you may find your posts edited or removed if they contain specific allegations against named individuals or businesses
Cheers!

S

·
0 Posts
No offence taken mate! Thing is - we appreciate the sentiment, but need to protect ourselves from any possible legal action

Ta!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no worries, again sorry, but the way this whole saga is going whink legal action will be taken agaisnt you know who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Not good :(

Heard about some Honda dealers not touching modified Hondas, but was lucky to have a friendly service manager at my Honda dealer when I had my modded Civic Type R ;)

Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Well this a new one on me big time....

As regular readers will have seen i having been having problems with car going into fault mode, well after finding out that the Throttle body is yet again at fault, have just been informed that my local renault main dealer have now refused to fix my car because and wait for it "ITS NOT STANDARD"

Agian you may have seen that my car has a few toys in it and they are basically saying that this is the cause of the problems even though all Aux equipment runs straight off the battery.

So here it is, my name and shame for week ":censored:, or EVEN RENAULT UK", because they have basically said, scrap the car, its not worth fixing, have to laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they wonder they are near the bottom of customer service............

If warranty work was carried out post modifications previously, I would say you are entitled to further work under warranty.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the 1st throttle body went about 14 months ago, then 3 weeks later had a full wiring loom change, then 6 weeks later throttle body yet again and then had a good run of 6 months and lo and behold, throttle body again.

All this work was carried out at a franchise dealer, but decided to go to Renault main dealer (as you would think they would have all the knowledge!!!!!!!) and they are the ones who wont touch it, now they are saying that it has nothing to do with modifications!!!!! but they say with the amount of money i have spent thus far, it would be uneconomical!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any how just recieved a call saying that Renaults French experts wants the car in West london, as he wants to look at it, they have just basically admitted that it has nothing to do with stereo etc, so fingers crossed.

In mean time, nice sharp email to renault UK has just been sent, lets see what they say.

All these problems would not be so bad if Renault let someone else make their ECU's and throttle bodies, but they dont, so they have me by the Dangly bits good and proper!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE:

Renaults french expert has as good as addmitted that fault is not due to stereo etc, and he wants to take car to Renaults flag ship service centre in west london and take a deeper look.

Renault UK are now involved and are quite shocked to say the least, Lets see what happens.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE:

Renaults french expert has as good as addmitted that fault is not due to stereo etc, and he wants to take car to Renaults flag ship service centre in west london and take a deeper look.

Renault UK are now involved and are quite shocked to say the least, Lets see what happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts