Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I was bored so I ended up writing a little program that I've been meaning to have a bash at for a while. And what's more... it works. Well it seems to, anyway.

So what is it? It takes a TomTom OV2 'points of interest' file and lists what's in it. Boring so far eh?

But here's the fun bit. Double-click on any POI, and it'll open up that exact location either Google Maps or Multimap in your web browser. Better still, you can export the whole lot and open them up in Google Earth.

The next step is to try and get it to export a Google Earth KML file into OV2, which is going to be trickier as there are some records in the OV2 file that I don't understand yet.

Now someone's going to pipe up and tell me it's been done already :p

It's not finished yet, but then again most of my software never is. If anyone wants a tinker with it, I'll zip it and upload it.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like fun mate - can you email it to me?
Will do mate, but you'll have to PM me with your address, it's not in your profile.

Just off for our usual Friday pub luch (my turn to drive, unfortunately :() Back around 2-ish :d

It does Windows Live maps as well now, which seems to have a lot more detail than Google and Multimap in a lot of places.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts