·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
just bought my scenic
a 1999 2 litre auto monaco
the chap i purchased it off saw me coming though
the gearbox is leaking fluid from somewhere arrrgghhh!
i am trying to buy a box
does anyone know if a 1.6 auto 1999 would fit?
any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I would have thought the 1.6 would have a different bell housing and the gear ratios would be different, also the ecu in the scenic would have problems trying to adapt to a 1.6 box.

I have a auto box from a 99 laguna 2.0 8v, I took the box out of a doner car myself when I brought my old Laguna as a precaution to the box in that failing. As it happend I drove it over 100k without any problems, but kept the spare box when I sold it. It would be the same box that's fitted to your scenic and I would be prepared to sell for the right price:d!.

The hydraulic solenoid block would need swapping over with yours and the old oil drained completely out. Its been sitting for around 3 years so it would be a good Idea to fit a new filter and oil seal to the torque converter shaft.

When I took it out I was assured it worked as it should, but I only have their would for that as you only have mine!.

What area do you live in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thankyou for the reply much appreciated
where abouts are you and also do you have a price
thanks in advance
jeff

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
Have you atleast checked that it's not just the seal that's broke? I also know the 1.6 coupe had a plug on the gearbox for the speedo which if damaged or loose would also cause it to leak.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Id be looking to get back what I paid and that was £200. I live near Brierley Hill so its not that far from Burton.

Have you any experience of working on cars with auto box"s?, I'm wondering do you intend to do the job yourself?.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts