Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully it will be kinder on the old bones.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,563 Posts
cant beat a twist and go for getting round town, big comfy seat and soft suspension, what more do you need?

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could likely get more for a org Vespa or Lambretta in good nick than
the cost of a new one though.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,774 Posts
With all those angles and the black paint, is it a Stealth Scoot ?
Be able to sneak up on radar speed cameras without being caught ?
:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't know about this one yet don't fancy the snow n ice
but the last one I had a Burgman 400 confused those
things that show your speed, they would ether be
wildly out or not show at all that was definitely a stealth scoot.

·
9,395 Posts
It's still 2 wheels and wind in your hair :grin2: The all-black finish does suit it a treat :smile2:

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I've still got a bike (CB500X), but that scoot looks fantastic, I'm an old mod, and I've always loved scooters!!

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a Yamaha X-max 300 but made in the old no doubt much modernised
though you never know Motobecane Mobylette MBK factory in France so the Clio
will have something to talk to.

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the scooter now as 2 friends to share it's garage with though from very different times one this one is a 1945 NG Ariel 350 the other a 1946 Ariel NH Red hunter twin port 350 single both have been standing for about 20 years and will need some recommitioning but are in better condition than you would expect, they came in a job lot which included of all things 2 Bickerton folding cycles.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,767 Posts
That looks superb. I had to get rid of my '49 350 Royal Enfield Bullet as I no longer have anywhere to keep it. Would still love a motorcycle although the missus insists not. I probably wouldn't survive falling off another one. Seriously tempted by a scooter but small wheels and potholes don't mix. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Very Nice!

My Dad had an Ariel Red Hunter, but his was a pre-war model. At the same time, my uncles had an Ariel Square Four and a Rudge Ulster...…...

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
That looks superb. I had to get rid of my '49 350 Royal Enfield Bullet as I no longer have anywhere to keep it. Would still love a motorcycle although the missus insists not. I probably wouldn't survive falling off another one. Seriously tempted by a scooter but small wheels and potholes don't mix. Enjoy.
A few years ago I had a 2004 Royal Enfield Bullet, Indian built, but maybe not that much different to your 1949 bike!! My Electra 500 had electric start and ignition, but just added to the original engine design...…..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,767 Posts
Very Nice!

My Dad had an Ariel Red Hunter, but his was a pre-war model. At the same time, my uncles had an Ariel Square Four and a Rudge Ulster...…...
I had a squariel for a very short time. All sorts of problems. The back cylinders used to overheat. And a velocette viper. And loads of newer Japanese stuff. Uncle had two Vincents. I was regularly falling off, and never once injured apart from a few scratches. Crashed a car once only, and am still limping.

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A parts book for the Square Four came with the bit's Ariel wanted about £11 for one of the crankshafts and about £7 for the other, in 1952, how things have changed, though I bet that was a lot of money back then.

In the bits are 2 Bickerton folding bikes remember them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bickerton_(bicycle)

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,767 Posts
A parts book for the Square Four came with the bit's Ariel wanted about £11 for one of the crankshafts and about £7 for the other, in 1952, how things have changed, though I bet that was a lot of money back then.

More than a week's salary at the time for many

1 - 20 of 27 Posts