Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've recently installed new springs on my Scenic 2012 and the car has been lowered a bit at the front and raised a bit at the back, so now it scrapes a bit on inclines. Can something be done about this? I guess lowering the back end would solve the problem, but I don't know how to.
Also, am I damaging the car too much by scraping the underbody from time to time?
Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kayaba k-flex, old ones were blue white, new ones had no color coding that I could see, but were matched by vin.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,029 Posts
I suspect that the answer is new front springs.
The colour codes relate to the spring rate (strength) and although nominally all the same, manufacturing process means that some are stiffer then others.
No worry generally even to change the rating but you seem to have stiff on rear, soft on front which is giving the drop.
I'm not familiar with Kayaba springs but are you sure they aren't shorter then standard as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to my knowledge, they should be the same in legth as OEM. The guy who replaced them even said that they are a bit longer than the ones he took off, but that might be due to the old ones deforming. For the first few miles, the car did seem higher than before (since I keep the seat in lowest position, but it felt like it was somewhere in the middle). When it started to scrape on some inclines where it previously didn't, I noticed that the front end dipped a bit.
Do you have any experience with Kilen springs? They were the only other option available (apart from going to the licensed dealer, since they asked around £130 per spring, and these kayabas were around £30 per spring)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,029 Posts
Don't know what to suggest except put up with it or change out the fronts.
Trouble is without knowing the rates it could get an expensive trial and error job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all, sorry for not responding earlier.
I did some research and found out that the springs that were sent to me are actually for Megane.
Thank you all for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts