• definitly yes

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How does the forum feel about starting a group for older renaults. There is a lot of us out there, thinking of the 4,5,6,8,10,12,14,15,16,17,18,20,30
I know you lot like your pencil coils & immobilisers:) (lol) but give me points & distriboutor any day(i can carry spares in the boot & and they only cost a couple of £)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
How does the forum feel about starting a group for older renaults. There is a lot of us out there, thinking of the 4,5,8,10,12,14,15,16,17,18,20,30
I know you lot like your pencil coils & immobilisers:) (lol) but give me points & distriboutor any day(i can carry spares in the boot & and they only cost a couple of £)

Good idea.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
The more the better .... why should we distinguish after all a Renault is a Renault and they go back a long way ..... maybe we wont see that many though, as I remember the 5's, 12's, 17's etc were a bit like FIAT's of the 60's, 70's 80's ... OK any FIAT ..... they disolved in the rain :d

I'm interested .... bring them on:)

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Great Idea.

what makes you think we like pencil coils (ask the Scenic owners, they hate them) and immobilisers? there's a lot of posts on here asking how to immobilise the immobilisers.:)

S

·
0 Posts
Chaps - I've toyed with this idea from the start but to be honest I fear that it may just make the forum structure even more complicated without any great benefit

I think the chances of attracting lots of activity in these forums would be very slight, but I'll run the idea past OG

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
1100 cc Renault 10: The First Renault I ever had, after a 1500cc Hillman Minx Hunter style, the 10 compared to the Minx was a luxury car but the :censored: engine was hidden in the boot, it took a week to find it ;) After a prisoner escaped at Dartmoor nick, I had a copper stop and search the engine compartment, he said shouldn't this :censored: lot be in the other end. :d

A pretty small interior however it had huge armchair seats that were as comfortable as an old shoe to sit in.

It's just a pity the wings went like a shredded wheat so quick.

But hey I loved this car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All round disc brakes

I may be wrong but when I had my Dauphine it had drums all round. But the Dauphine Gordini had disc's all round.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I may be wrong but when I had my Dauphine it had drums all round. But the Dauphine Gordini had disc's all round.

Right you are! The Dauphine Gordini version, from about 1960 on, had 4 wheel disc brakes. The R8 gordini , Floride/Caravelle and R10 all used the same rotors and calipers as the Dauphine, but you already knew that, didn't you?

Please open an old car section, it is the only thing we know about Renaults in the USA (Regie left for good in 1992). And if anyone knows where I can find some rubber door button surrounds from an early R5 (1976-1982), I am listening very closely!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts