Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for a while I've been losing pressure in both front tyres, took the car in today and was told air was leaking from valve seat and the options were a) get them refurbished by someone else or b) get 2 front wheels, I opted for b and its in for next week, don't know much about cars but I'm guessing wheel replacement means the rims as well, is this CORRECT? And if so will they be the same rims as the back, it would look daft if they were different, I should of asked at the time but only just thought about it, sorry if this is a dumb question lol

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,505 Posts
sorry mate you have confused me totally, do you have steel wheels with a plastic TRIM, or do you have alloys with the design inbuilt in the wheel?
if its steel wheels then your old TRIMS will fit the new wheels, as the wheel should be exactly the same size as the old one. If its alloys, I am sure they would have told you that the pattern would not match your present wheels, if they were professional that is

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, they are alloy wheels, you would think they would mention if they were different but the girl dealing with me just popped in the back and ordered them in, I've seen cars of my age with different rims which got me thinking

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,505 Posts
You would be best off in this situation, ringing them up, to confirm they will match the rears, like I said they should tell you if they are ordering things that will not match what they are supposed to be replacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts