Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have only just discovered this great site and will be a regular on here from now on.
I have recently bought a Renault Scenic 52 plate Fidji 2.0 Automatic.
It is a great car but I do have a few niggling problems which I hope you can help me with. Firstly on of my front fog lights keeps going out. When someone took it out to check the bulb, water came out of the cable. Shook it out and it worked again but keeps going out.
2ndly, I need a parcel shelf for it as it did not have one as well as a owner handbook. I found the link for the handbook and will be sending my cheque off tomorrow.
The manual air con only works on 4, seems to be a common problem with the resistor so have it going in tomorrow to be repalced.
One thing I cannot get my head around is how to set a trip reading. I press the button when the car starts and it goes to 000000000 but then turns back to milage and nothing else, any suggestions?
Just one more thing, it seems to take an age to change gear, is this common with the automatic?
Sorry to go on but I would like to sort these little problems out.
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi crtvak

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like the same niggles we had.

Trip counter first....to change the function from distance travelled,mpg,distance left before running out of fuel...press the end switch on the wiper stalk....to reset to zero press the button on the speedometer.

Blower motor....resistor pack should sort the lower speed settings.

Rear parcel shelf....we were able to source a good used one at the local scrap yard...failing that try :-

https://www.partsgateway.co.uk/

a good site for used and new Renault parts.

Auto gear box........we found it struggling all the time as if it was going uphill...problem proved to be a sticking rear brake caliper cured by dismantaling and cleaning,now the gears change as normal (mpg has improved too).

Hope this helps.

:) :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much everyone for the warm welcome and the advice. Thank you Glenda that is something I will ask my mechanic to have a look at tomorrow for me while it's having it's service.
Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updates of faults

Hello again,
Thought I would just post the updates of the work carried out on my Scenic.
The heater problem was indeed a faulty resistor and it cost me £93 to have replaced.
Managed to buy a parcel shelf off Ebay for £35.
I took the advice of this forum and sent off a cheque for £5 to Renault UK and received a copy of my Owners manual yesterday.
Still have a problem with the off side front fog light and that is the next thing I have to get sorted.
Hope this helps
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts