Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New kid on the block

just acquired a 2001 Y Reg 1.6v Lagina Expression 63,000

has 16" alloys and tyres ratehr than 17" - how much of an issue is this ?
should I be lookingto put 17 on ?

we only have one keycard and this opens but does not lock - what is the best plan of attack ?

couple of the tyre pressure lights off and couple on - is this to do with wrong wheels ?

what other issues/common faults should I be looking for ?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

I'm sure someone will be able to assist with your questions shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
has 16" alloys and tyres ratehr than 17" - how much of an issue is this ?
TechnoBabble time ................

That all depends on the rolling radius of the tyre.

If the wheels/tyres sizes were chosen purely because of looks or to lower the ride height (the usual reasons for smaller sizes), you might find they improve the acceleration . They will also lower the MPG, and will make the speedo read higher than you are actually travelling.

If they were properly sized so that the rolling radius is the same as the 17" the difference will be so small you wouldn't notice.

On the other hand, if the 16" tyres were a much higher profile (like 195/70 instead of 195/55) they would blunt the acceleration, give better MPG and fool the speedo into reading low.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TechnoBabble time ................

That all depends on the rolling radius of the tyre.

If the wheels/tyres sizes were chosen purely because of looks or to lower the ride height (the usual reasons for smaller sizes), you might find they improve the acceleration . They will also lower the MPG, and will make the speedo read higher than you are actually travelling.

If they were properly sized so that the rolling radius is the same as the 17" the difference will be so small you wouldn't notice.

On the other hand, if the 16" tyres were a much higher profile (like 195/70 instead of 195/55) they would blunt the acceleration, give better MPG and fool the speedo into reading low.
scrathes head - right - will check the 16" tyres onmce home - bought in dark and not seen properly since !
I think the 16s were put on so the bloke could sell the 17" ones !

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
It was an option on the last two Laguna's that I bought, as I have opted out of company car scheme and run my own car I went for 16 inch as the tyres are a lot cheaper than 17 inch,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to enter the pin code for the radio each time I enter the vehicle why would this be ?

How can I stop that from happening ?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi baldfrog

The pin code should only need to entered after the power has been disconneted from the radio.

There are two supplies to the rear connections one from the ignition switch and one permanent,(for memory retention).

I would check for a blown fuse first.

If none have blown take the radio out and check the connections at the rear.

:) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts