Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well basicaly i'm 17 got my test in just over two weeks and have 3000-3500 to spend on a clio, i've had a look around and am trying to decide between the 1.2 16v dynamique and the 1.5 dci dynamique, i would definatly get the dci if i could find a 80 or 100hp model but they seem rare in this price range so it would probably be the 65hp.

The thing is i want something that is fun to drive and am worried that the dci may be a bit slow so the 1.2 16v may be a better all rounder, any opinions would be greatly appriaciated especially from 1.5 65 dci owners

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Brett.

I'm sure many of our Clio owners will offer you advice to your future purchase.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum if it was me i would go for the 1.2 16v rather than the deisel but that just me,if insurance is going to be a big factor the 1.2 16v would or should be cheaper but thats a guess i have to say,happy hunting good luck and keep us all posted all the best Donald

·
Registered
38 Posts
i am now on my second clio, first one was a 1.2 and i thought it was nippy, looked for a new one was not fussed longs it had 5 doors which is not common. ended up finding one was a dci 1.5 my insurance was the same as they are same group.
i found the following better with dci.
1) lot faster you feel car taking off at 2000 revs lol
2) bit heavier on steering but not that bad
3) loads more miles to galloen i get about 430 from 30 quid, 1.2 i got about 360 from 37 quid

if i was given the choice i pick dci anytime, just scared one day i forget i got a desiel and put petrol in but i am a woman after all l:rofl:

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Hi Brett,
I totally agree with Sarah on this one!
I can't praise the dci enough, since buying a used 2002 80bhp model in April last year.
In this time I covered 30k miles and its been an absolute dream. The acceleration is smooth, and imediate following a chip I purchased 2nd hand off ebay which now gives it over 100bhp (cost me £80)
Its now not only fast but also even more economical, I kid you not 60mpg is the norm for me.
In fact I've been so impressed with this car my mum is trading in her landrover for one and my girlfriend is currently looking for one.
Check out Autotrader, we've been looking this week with a view to purchase one by August and there are over 30 of the 80 bhp model for sale, don't be shy to offer £2500 for a car on sale for £3000.
If you can, go for the Privilege and Air con is a must.
I service my dci myself every 6000 miles and it really is so cheap and easy.
My main advice at your price would be to be careful, with cars that havent had the cam belt replaced (renault sayes 72k but I velieve 60k is the safest time) if it hasn't you will be looking at abill of around £300 to have it done.
Anyway I'm rambling... but definately dci and the 80bhp version! dont forget the dci is only £35 a year tax!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts