Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All . . Previously had a Renault Laguna 2.0 RXE Auto . . . Lovely car . . never went wrong . . Gave it to my son with 146000 miles on the clock.
Just bought a secondhand 2004 Laguna II 2.2DCI from a car supermarket . . 44700 miles. . and already got a few teething problems.
SATNAV shows a red satellite icon . . . I suspect the antenna . . . .it is goig into Renault under warranty in 2 weeks time . . . . they require the car for 3 days . . ???!!!Also NSF ball joint . . and rear disc brakes to be sorted!!
Other than that it is a lovely car . . . :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Laguna SatNav . . IIC Bus Error

Hi All . . .Many thanks for the welcome . .
And many thanks for already giving me valuable info in trying to find out what is wrong with my Carminat SatNav.
I tried the 'cold' reboot . . by disconnecting everything . .leaving it for a while . . then connecting again and ressting,etc. . . but to no avail.

I then used the code '4112' to run diagnostics . . . 'Bus check' . . and found and 'IIC bus error'.(!!!??) (The other 2 buses are showing 'OK')

Could anyone give any guidance as to what this error relates to?

Many thanks in advance . . .

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Welcome in TC.

Sorry I'm not able to help with the SatNav prob. I hope you get the remedy soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SATNAV . . . Problem solved . .

Hi All . . .
Just to let you know that I found that the problem with my Carminat SatNav was the arial/antenna.
I purchased one really cheaply from eBay . . and it worked without any problems!!! . . ;-)
Only cost £11-50 +postage to put my mind at ease before it goes into Renault for official antenna to be fitted.
(Didn't want to get mugged!!!)

Ciao for now . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts