Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas when the next north west meet will be or where? I live in Bolton it'd be nice to meet fellow like minded people

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Not had much time of recent what with moving house and having no internet for a month, but i think we were looking towards Manchester for the next one? Anyone any ideas?

I'm not really free due to working hurrendous hours (the joys of being a homeowner!) until April.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your thinking about Manchester area, there's Brewers Fayre by the Trafford Centre, Harvester by the Reebok Stadium (great meals and a free salad Bar) or aviation viewing park at Manchester airport? Just a few off the top of my head

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trafford centre can be sometimes (its the brewers fayre near the B&Q not on the trafford centre site sorry), Reebok's ok as long as its not a match day, airport viewing parks good but you do have to pay for the car park

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
The Airport sounds like a good idea .

I am fairly certain that there is a pub on the outskirts of the airport at the end of one of the runways (think it is called the windmill) parking would be free and you still get to see the aeroplanes .

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I suppose a lot depends on the criteria. I take it we're at least going for somewhere that allows kids?

Is the 'Wacky Warehouse' type thing in or out this time? On the first meet, everyone seemed to be upset that there were no facilities for kids, yet on the second meet, the facilities were there but nobody used them because the kids weren't allowed in there unless accompanied by an adult :crazy:

Close to the motorway (or at least a major A-Road) would be good for those who have to travel. For that reason, I like the sound of the Triffid Centre, though it'll mean taking our respective other halves shopping for most of us. That kind of bumps the price up a bit :p

I like the idea of a pub near the airport so the kids (big and small) can watch the airyplanes. As long as they food and drink isn't ludicrously expensive, because we're getting towards the 'posh' bits by then aren't we?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a pub near the viewing park. From Junction 6 on the M56, take the A538 towards Wilmslow. After about half a mile appears 'The Romper' public house on the left. Turn left here down Sunbank Lane, then right onto Wilmslow Old Road at the bottom, and follow the road to the gate entrance.

AVP Opening Times

Open 7 days a week (except Christmas Day)

Winter: 8.30am - 4.00pm local

Summer: 8.30am - 8.30pm local

Admission

Mon - Fri £2.00 per car plus 50p per passenger (Under 4's free)
Sat - Sun and Bank Holidays £3.00 per car plus 50p per passenger (Under 16's free)
Cyclists and walkers 50p
No dogs allowed.

Facilities

3 raised platforms for better viewing and photography

Hot and cold food is available at 'SIMPLY THE BEST' providing those much needed Bacon butties and cups of tea on those typical cold Manchester mornings
Family picnic areas.

Both Male and Female toilet facilities are available.

Aviation shop with everything aviation related, books, magazines, videos etc.

Not been in the pub but the food in the parks alright

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah its open at weekends all year round, see my previous reply. You can go inside the cockpit of a DC-10 for a small contribution i think and you can go inside concorde. The downside is its £10 per person for concorde and you have to book in advance.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
The charges all add up a bit.
A bit further south might be better because the North Wales members might feel it`s "reachable" (10 -15 miles maybe?).
Inflatable shell suits, sheep and black puddings on the rampage (as rampaging as two shandies will take me).

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Hows about Winwick Quay again?

My last forum club had one here every month, can't beat a good meet at a nice pub, plenty of parking, nice food and drink, just off the motorway so easilly accessible by all.

Im from Bolton too btw, so whos up for this on say May 20th?

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Hows about Winwick Quay again?

My last forum club had one here every month, can't beat a good meet at a nice pub, plenty of parking, nice food and drink, just off the motorway so easilly accessible by all.

Im from Bolton too btw, so whos up for this on say May 20th?
Hi Andy M, we've been trying to plan something a bit more Manchester way (to make is fair for those who have to travel). I've copped for local venues at both meets.

How about the venue suggested above?

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Hi biatch....lol

Yeah im up for anywhere just name a place i'll be there!
OK (i think we needed a kick up the ¤¤¤¤ to get this organised!)

20th May is not a good date for me (cos of race for life and champ league final (hopefully!) within the same week. The following weekend is bank hol (so i'm assuming people will be going away?), how about the following Sunday (3rd June)?

Can we have some feedback on dates? What is best for people?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts