Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clio electronic key locks boot but the doors won't lock or it locks the doors and the boot won't lock.
Now today the air bag warning light has come on and the service light, it had a full service 9 months ago.
Are the sensors playing up as before I wonder.
Just been on long trip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Clio electronic key locks boot but the doors won't lock or it locks the doors and the boot won't lock.
Now today the air bag warning light has come on and the service light, it had a full service 9 months ago.
Are the sensors playing up as before I wonder.
Just been on long trip.
Replying to my own message, can't work round your site, sorry, too stressed.

Have taken it to local garage again and not dealer. Garage says air bag sensor can be upset upset when the seats are moved forward and backwards, well seeing as the off side seat doesn't click in the ratchet ever until you moves it to and fro till it will, in a 2 door, that must be it!

They also agreed it should not need a service already and to ignore the service warning light.

The boot sometimes won't lock with the rest of the car, they say, if the boot lock becomes damp? £30 to fix.

And lastly, the dealer claimed the oil sump gasket was leaking since the MOT in April last year. But was not urgent??? The local garage says we would have seen oil on the ground as we park in the same spot, and we haven't.

Happy motoring

1 - 2 of 2 Posts