Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
This is not so good! Who is responsible if the smoker has whats called a contra-indication and has a reaction. There are certain people who should not use NRT products (such as if they have a had an MI in the last 4 weeks) - this is precisely the reason why products should not be sold in the local garage, tesco's and the like.

Whats the problem in visiting the local pharmacy or stop smoking service? Seems like laziness to me :crazy:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange we did not need this in Scotland ?

Bit of a contradiction there not safe to sell nicotine patches/gums in pubs etc yet it is safe to sell cigarettes/alcohol !! the two biggest health risks in Britain today.

Yes I think it is foolhardy to remove the present controls for nicotine patches/gum as listed today.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
A lot of supermarkets are offering thses items at reduced prices to help smokers give up, and chemists like Boots are offering free patches etc, as long as you go every week to have some breathing test, if it has been found you have smoked then you pay for the patches, LLoyds chemist is also offering assitance in giving up but you have to have an appointment with the pharmacist, best bet if you have health problems is to see your GP. As Otto says why not sell these aids in supermarkets etc , after all they sell anyone, the ciggies or the alcohlol, and how many people take notice of the 'avoid alcohol' warning on their medication? cant blame the retailer for peoples ignorance.Many people with existing health problems smoke or drink and dont take any notice of the health warnings, but thats their decision at the end of the day, problem arises when they affect other peoples well being.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Sounds like a good idea.....

After a meal and a few pints all I need is a patch...........:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts