Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a espace 2.2 dci just had it in the garage for a wheel bearing i also asked them to track down a noise while exselerating it makes a like blowing over a bottle they have looked but cant find the cause any one got any idia what this may be ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly a leak in the turbo plumbing??:)
That's what I was thinking but the guys at the garage have checked the all the air intake ,turbo and exhaust and say it checks out I was wondering if the egr valve mite make that sound if it was not fully closing/opening as the car seems a bit down on power when pulling away

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Personaly I have never heard of an EGR valve causing a whistle but that doen't mean it couldn't happen.

I take it the inlet manifold has been checked for cracks or failed gasket - both known problems on the 2.2 Dci engine - either of which will cause lack of power.

When the gasket fails one of the symptoms is over-pressurisation of the crankcase.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2002 renault espace auto 2.0 and i get same noise and i cant find out what it is either it is driving me mad

Anyone have any ideas cant be my turbo aint got one lol

had all depahser pully and cmabelt done all tensioners and pulleys replaced.

still does it

driving me barmy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I had the exact same noise

Put my hand over end of exhaust briefly and head a hissing from exhaust and guess what there was a whole couldnt be traced so swapped the middle and rear sections cost me £65 for the pair and paid to have them fitted and now the noise has dissapeared.

Runs like new

Hope this helps someone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.