Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys need your thoughts ,I have a nissan primastar and have noticed that it loses power especially going up a gradiant the preheating warning light comes on .Any ideas ? many thanks in advance:confused:

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
You will need to have the fault codes read to narrow down where the problem is,it could anyone of a number of things and without the codes you will be playing an expensive guessing game.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks have had diagnostic test done today and am taking it in on thursday ,the fault apparently is intermitant so happens now and again ,believe he said to do with turbo ,could just need a clean out ,knowing my luck at mo with vehicles will be something major though .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi hanholme the problem was the rubber pipe had come loose on the turbo charger and all that was needed was it to be put back on ......did I feel a plonker or what ,mind you in my defence it is only a small pipe and the mechanic didnt spot it for a while .:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i will have to get my van down to the garage then i think as this gose wild up and down even thou the engine is not revving its like a disco :(
hi i plugged my van in and the two faults were the camshaft sensor and also the crankshaft sensor
! i replaced the crankshaft sensor stopped for a wile but soon started again

took out camshaft sensor sprayed with wd40 problem gone that was done about 2 weeks ago been fine since

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.