Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Today I have Nissan inquiry.

I can get very cheep Primera P12 with QG18DE engine that sounds like it has f**ked one conrod. I can source QDA18DE engine at a bargain price removed from P11. Could anyone tell me what is the difference between these engines if there is any.
Nissan forum seems to be dead ( last posts in Engine department are from January this year :eek:).

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
The P12 is closely related to the Lag 2, isn't it? Hopefully better built though :p

I can't find any references to a QDA18DE - in fact, QD was an earlier family of diesels in the Nissan lineup... Sure that's the correct designation?

Everything I can find suggests the post-facelift P11 would also have used a QG18DE, complete with VVT so I wouldn't expect there to be much, if any difference.

You should put an SR20DET in it though, you know you want to ;) Evan an SR20VE would be much more fun, and those were standard fitment in the JDM 20V Primera P12s :d

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:oops: My bad
It is QG family
QGA18de is in primera p11 post facelift year 2001. QG18DE is in p12 I am looking into buying.

Thing is I would be buying it just purely due to it being a bargain. I can get P12 for 750 quid ( I am in Bulgaria at the moment - huge price difference) when in good nick its going to fetch 2000+. I have sourced the p11 engine for another 250 that I wont have to pay, but will trade my Honda JDM h22a engine + 250 quid from the bloke with p11 engine. I have got H22a from prelude in Uk for 60 quid ( I drove the car before removing the engine myself). I think I might end up paying 750 quid for p12 + 60 for H22A - 250 i will get in addition to qga18de and get in the end 2000.

Any thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Personally I would avoid the P12 Primera,I'm not exactly sure what happened to Nissan during this time but the car was pretty awful,both from a driving point of view and a reliability view.I've had dealings with a couple of them in the past and they have been pretty unpleasant.If theres money to be made then I would consider it,but when it comes to selling it you might be dissapointed in the interest you get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.