Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all from across the pond, as they say.

I own a '18 Nissan Rogue Sport that I am desperately trying to increase performance on even though I'm sure it will be very slight. After discovering that Renault gave my Nissan the 2.0 engine, I was curious to see if this same engine was used in a Renault model. Is it true that the Clio 3, Qashqai, and ultimately the Rogue Sport share the same engine? There a zero performance parts for the Rogue Sport, only turbo diesel performance parts for the Qashqai and nothing for NA, so after seeing what you guys have achieved with the Clio I am hoping I can share some of the rewards.

Looking to boost my 2.0 6-8psi, although this is a very small amount it will set me apart from any Rogue Sport in the USA at the very least.

Wish I could figure out how to post a pic or two so you all can see what I've done cosmetically. I've changed the suspension completely to adjustable Coilovers (courtesy of the Qashqai) and put 19" Rotiforms on it. I looks and handles great and no longer looks silly sitting up all high like it did when it was stock.

An exhaust manifold with a provision for a turbo and a oversized trans cooler would be great to keep the CVT temp under control. I was also interested in seeing if there was a camshaft that would be beneficial as well as an exhaust. Just trying to connect all the dots and if I can add the Clio as a source of parts that would be fantastic.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,699 Posts
Not sure on your engine though suspect you are right it was used in a Renault.
But not from the Clio.
Wiki shows that two variants of the 2 litre petrol burner were fitted to the Roque, MR20DE and MR20DD
Both joint ventures with Nissan and Renault..... Renault called it the M engine and I think it is used in the Koleos as the M5R.
For possible upgrades I would be looking at those engine choices for bits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure on your engine though suspect you are right it was used in a Renault.
But not from the Clio.
Wiki shows that two variants of the 2 litre petrol burner were fitted to the Roque, MR20DE and MR20DD
Both joint ventures with Nissan and Renault..... Renault called it the M engine and I think it is used in the Koleos as the M5R.
For possible upgrades I would be looking at those engine choices for bits.
Thanks very much! Certainly opens up my options...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts