Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... right about now i actually want to take to my car with a large hammer, but since i need it i obviously wont be doing that

problem 1: starter moter wire is loose, already diagnosed in line to be fixed
problem 2: car drops revs and cuts out when the clutch is down which is very embarrasing when out due to problem #1. doesnt cut out all the time but revs VERY low alot and nearly dies, cant have amp or air con or anything that uses alot of electric cos that makes it cut out
problem 3: its now sitting outside my house and it will not idle at all its like if it wasnt for me holding down the accelerator then it just acts like its not even on as soon as u let go it doesnt even try and idle it just cuts out.

any input would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Any warning lights on? Has the battery ever gone flat due to the starter problem? Battery holding charge ok?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
someone from the club forums told me to clean me icv, which i did and it made no difference, 2moro I will try to get a MAP and TDC from scrappie and if they make any difference ill see about getting new ones

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just replaced TDC and MAP, no difference, I watched the throttle cable when u start it it normally moves automatically to give it some gas so it starts.... but mine just stays still... what would cause this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts