Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive managed to get it all done now. I have converted my old manual windows into full electrics with a universal electric window kit. Its great actually and works, very convinient.

Just one point if anybody can help me.

They are quiet noisy (not exccesively noisy) but quiet noisy nontheless. Does anybody know how i might be able to quiet these down at all?

I was thinking of buying some of those soundproofing sheets and sticking them inside the door trim but maybe someone knows a better way?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Are you able to tell if its the motor or the rollers which are making the noise?

If its the rollers, I'd be inclined to squirt some grease (not wd40 as that dries the joints out) onto the joints.

If its the motors - I would check with the supplier if the noise level is normal, and ask what lubrication (if any can be used).

The sheets would work a bit, but don't let it foul the mechanism or interfere with the drainage.

Paul:)

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Non original window electrical systems tend to be noisy - thats why they are cheap. It all about the quality of the motor and its associated drive gears. I have seen it on numerous occasions. Sound proofing the door may help very little - you could try sticking some gaffer tape round the motor and mechanism. The noise is usually transmited via the window itself so you may just have to live with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts