Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have installed 4 new glow plugs and a new control module and still the same error code P0670 and no power to the glow plugs and difficult to start my Megane Grand Tourer 2011 (control unit error and "open circuit"). And I can not find solution. Is there a water or oil temp-sensor? Where to find it? Or where can I find the solution? Grateful for any help :)

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,939 Posts
under bonnet fuse box
this one

Fuse 2 check this first

·
42,939 Posts
Have you checked from that fuse to the relay ??

·
42,939 Posts
8 wires on the relay,
4 to glow plugs
1 to Earth,
2 to ECU have these been checked?
you have checked power

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8 wires on the relay,
4 to glow plugs
1 to Earth,
2 to ECU have these been checked?
you have checked power
Wires to 4 glow plugs, earth and +12v are okay. The fault must be the 2 to ECU, but how can I check them? The error code says "open cirtuit" - is there a clue?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wires to 4 glow plugs, earth and +12v are okay. The fault must be the 2 to ECU, but how can I check them? The error code says "open cirtuit" - is there a clue?
Are the 2 wires connected directly to ECU or is one of them connected to a temperature sensor?

·
42,939 Posts
Connected directly to ecu

·
42,939 Posts
This a genuine Glow plug module ( Please say its not one from tbay as most are wrong, the ECU wiring is wrong on the plug, its all depending what engine you have fitted )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a genuine glow plug module. When I measure the 2 wires connected to ECU I see that there is connection (one wire reacts like a diode when I connect the other end of my multimeter to the poles of the battery, and the other one reacts like a capacitor or a resistor that increases in value while measuring not depending of the polarity). What is the next step to find the "open circuit"?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
w plug module. When I measure the 2 wires connected to ECU I see that there is connection (one wire re
This a genuine Glow plug module ( Please say its not one from tbay as most are wrong, the ECU wiring is wrong on the plug, its all depending what engine you have fitted )
Now I have released the tree connectors to what I think is the ECU (in front of the battery, hidden under a plastic cap), but still I can measure resistanse in the connector to the control-module (the two pins/wires that should lead to ECU). Is there something else on the way to ECU?

·
42,939 Posts
Nothing else there,
Got to ask, what type of scanner are you using..
You could have another fault your scanner is not picking up, and this is giving you a Generic fault code
Renault have got to be one of the worse for giving codes that are not correct with a generic scanner

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing else there,
Got to ask, what type of scanner are you using..
You could have another fault your scanner is not picking up, and this is giving you a Generic fault code
Renault have got to be one of the worse for giving codes that are not correct with a generic scanner
I just measure with my ohm-meter. When totally disconnected ECU there still is resistanse between ground or battery plus-pole to both of the two pins/wires in the connector (where I attach the glow plug control unit). It is not short circuit and not open circuit. One of the pins behaves like thermic resistor and the other behaves like a diode. There must be something else connected betweed ECU and the glow plug control unit in my car. But what, and where...?

·
42,939 Posts
There isn't, 4 glow plugs, - 4 wires, 1 power supply, 1 earth, 2 to ECU .
Unless your glow plug module has more than 8 wires..

( you might just need a decent scanner to show whats playing up..)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has 8 wires. But it is strange that I can measure resistance even if ECU is totally disconnected. Is it possible to find which pin in one of the three ECU-connectors that should be connected to the two pins in the glow plug controller?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It has 8 wires. But it is strange that I can measure resistance even if ECU is totally disconnected. Is it possible to find which pin in one of the three ECU-connectors that should be connected to the two pins in the glow plug controller?
Now I have measured every pin in the three connectors to ECU, but noone has connection directly to the glow plug controller. There is some kind of electronic device in between, but what, and where, that is the question?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now I have measured every pin in the three connectors to ECU, but noone has connection directly to the glow plug controller. There is some kind of electronic device in between, but what, and where, that is the question?
The mysterious device behaves almost like the things to the left in the attached picture.

Attachments

·
42,939 Posts
what size engine in this
Post a picture of your oval plate

1 - 20 of 23 Posts