Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I have a Laguna 2.0L IDE i turned the aircon on today for the first time since i ran it in the winter just to turn it over.
I heard no click from the system nor did my engine change note.But i was just pulling out of my road when i heard this strange noise like a whizzing sound coming from the aircon.I turned it off and no sound what could this be.
Manythanks

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Sounds like what happened to me with my Laguna II. Is the noise is like a screeching noise after a certain amount of revs ?

I'd say your air con compressor is knackered or more specfially the clutch on it - which you cant buy seperately. I had my compressor replaced at a cost of £450 for a geniune valeo unit fitted at a independant garage.

But seeing as you hear no clicking noise and engine note / revs dont change when you enable the air con the first thing I would try is to get the system serviced properly (gas removed, system tested, gas and lubricant put back in) and see if that helps it.

It didnt help in my case, but the air con on mine was working fine when I had the noise. The noise would cut in about 3500 revs everytime - ok for around town, but on a motorway at 70mph it was a nightmare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts