Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a very noisey dci scenic,which could soon be in a scrap yard near you.
A '52' 1.9 dci with 85000 miles on the clock.It has had running problems for a couple of months,in and out of the diesel centre for decoding.No joy,then taken to a local garage, who figurered out that the cat was blocked. Following a new cat, it ran better than ever.Aux.belt was pushed sideways by the tensioner, resulting in the timing belt jumping a notch.
Belt,tensioner,alt.pulley all changed, timing belt reset,together with oil and filter change.Still very noisey,especially on start-up.
Went back into garage,they decieded it was big end bearings. I have changed big ends,which were not particularly worn,still very noisey. The engine runs smoothly,and well,no smoke and reving well.
The noise is a tapping noise, together with more of a exhaustey roaring noise.It does get quieter as it warms up, but there is also a sort of exaustey smell as it warms up,which was totally dismissed by the garage.
The garage surgested,removing the engine and completely rebuilding,or a replacement engine.I can't see either of these happening,due to the cost.Looking for any advise as I am sure this can't be the only car with this problem.
Thanks for any help,and get racking your brains guys.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
sounds like something seriously amiss with the bottom end of the engine repair /replacement is only real solution if that is the case

someone on here might be intrested in it for parts if you do decide to get shot might be worth posting up your location someone local may well have it from you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts