Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks ....
Put the engine & gearbox back in my old renault a few moths ago after a strip down to do some repairs to the engine bay its has run fine since. Until today when I started it up there is a ticking/clicking noise coming from the bellhousing/gearbox area . it is only there at tickover and disapears when i put my foot on the clutch. As the car is being restored it has not cover any miles since but is started & warmed up on a regular basis. When i put the engine & gearbox back i did not put a new clutch in as the old one had only done 1000 miles. gear box or clutch? any thoughts would b a great help.

many taas in advance
Ev

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi it sounds very like the thrust bearing is staying at the pressure plate side and not returning to me and vibrating on the pressure plate till you push the clutch in to put pressure on the thrust bearing against the pressure plate thats why it goes away when you do this i hope this helps

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
taking box out tom (weather allowing) will let you know how it goes i hope it is the clutch cos i think finding a gearbox will be like finding the proverbial turkeys teeth. thanks again for your thoughts

Ev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts