Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nokia CK-7W full hands free kit that I wish to install in my 2001 Grand Espace...Does anyone have knowledge of fitting one or similar in an Espace. The great layout of the vehicle isn't so good for deciding where to locate the cradle either....?

Any help would be much appreciated....Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just fitted one in a Scenic, sorry not an espace, however, I bought a car specific designed bracket for the cradle which I found on the internet. I not sure if I can name the shop on the forum, but if you goggle search "bracket, mount, dash" I'm sure you'll find something

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
The Brodit mounts have a very good reputation, on the TomTom forums at least. I've never bought one myself, but they look pretty robust, and their locations and mounting methods always seem to be well thought out.

Brodit Proclip | UK

·
Registered
42 Posts
The CK7W is pretty much a self contained kit, it has it's own speaker and uses bluetooth to connect to the phone.
So apart from wiring it in to the power there shouldn't be much else to do (as far as the car is concerned).
Handset holders come in all shapes and sizes, so fixing is model dependent.
:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive got one of these in my clio... there ¤¤¤¤ hot. fair play, has to be one of the best bluetooth hands free kits on the market. Picks up every time and works strait away!

A deffo must buy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to own an Audi A6 and it had a Nokia kit fitted suitable for the old 6110i. I bought the CK-7W and swapped the control box over (under front passenger footwell attached to underside of facia). I had to buy a 6 pin to 4 pin adapter for the power lead. It only took 5 minutes as all I had to do was swap the black box over and re connect cables for mic,power,speaker,antenna (it wasn't wired into the stereo).
So now I have a Grand Espace and am trying to figure out the best place to put the phone holder with active antenna coupler for my N73. As the car doesn't have a full centre console it isn't as easy trying to decide where. I could stick it on top of the dash but then it would be very much on show to the world.
Also as I looked to buy a Haynes manual and found on the web that it looks like they only did one for the 1996 model I have no idea where power cables are and so on. Must find the fusebox too! I'm sure I'll sort out where to fix it all and also how to wire it in before long but not looking as straightforward as other cars....
I agree that the CK-7W is a cool bit of kit. Works with bluetooth or cradle option.
Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bought a Brodit pro-clip that fits on the dash to right of steering wheel. Good location and dead easy to fit. Then fitted my Nokia cradle to that with four screws.
I want to get the full kit installed in next week so need to know the best place to get the permanent live feed from together with a switched ignition live feed. I know the fusebox is under the front passenger footwell. Will do some investigations but if anyone else can suggest the obvious to get these feeds from please let me know. Thanks.
Chris
P.S. I have the full wiring loom supplied with the CK-7W but just need to find something on the car to "tap into".

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
If you look in the cubby hole under the drivers seat and pull a bit of the carpet back there is a connector there that is for telephone wiring,it has its own fuse in the fuse box and has a permanent 12v (I used it for the kids dvd player and extra cig lighter points) I'm pretty sure it has a radio mute it aswell

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Zinx. I had already looked there previously. When I lift the cover just in front of the drivers seat on the floor it revealed an empty looking cubby hole/storage area. It is lined with a kind of hard polystyrene type of thing. There was no sign of any patch lead for pre-wired telephone equipment. Wonder if anyone knows if the Expression (Nov 2001 first reg) would have come with this or not? I'll have another look but don't think there is a cable hiding there.
Will also look on the fuse box to see if there is one dedicated to the phone. Will keep you posted...
Chris

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
If you cant fid it from the cubby,you may need to lift the plastic trim that runs alonside the door to find it but I would have thought it is there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts