Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got a poorly 1.4 clio nothing new i guess! trouble is it a non starter (ie) got no spark from coil, it was ok a while ago but been in storage but now it wont start battery fine & full charge and turns over fine but still no spark have fuel at single point carb but dont seem to be spraying into the engine can anybody give us a clue to what can have failed or stuck during time in garage??????

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok will give it a try, ive got a multimeter with volts ohms etc any idea on a voltage from it ? sorry to keep buggin you bout it but im stuck & bar settin fire to it or turning it into "modern art" with a lump hammer!
Can the central locking cause this or am i clutching at straws & need it tow to my local garage for a megga bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine,s got an after market a keyed immobliser in glove boxs too but that just a flashing light to an on/off switch jobbie connected behind dash ,have had a look but that doing it,s job & have checked it,s fine.
was wondering bout CL blippie as a possible cause as it seem like it,s immolised, does it just control CL or has it got an immoblieser built into it system.somebody told me they can have the two CL/ Alarm Immobliser together or just CL I never had to program the key just the radio when it need a new battery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi chris i have a bilp on my meter so i guess that TDC sensor is working the switch in G/box is just an off/on switch interuptin the main yellow wire to the coil

There is fuel to carb but when i go for a start there still no spark but will i get a spray of FUEL down carb, as on the old fashion carbs i use to see fuel been sprayed down carb when you open throttle this not appenin on this single point carb when i try to start The fuel pump runs & fuel is pumped up to carb inlet but no furter I have searched the car & dont seem to able to find any other kind of immobo fitted to this car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Chris I changed the coil pack just in case it may have been the fault, but it still the same.
is it poss the ecu packed up while it been sat in the garage is the Ecu the one in the engine bay under the coil pack??

someone has suggested the Lambda sensor as the prob or is that just beer talking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts